Goddess in Progress
|Goddess in Progress|
|EP by Julie Brown|
|Producer||Steve Thomas, Dan Lawson|
|Julie Brown chronology|
Goddess in Progress is a 1984 EP (labeled as a "Specially Priced Mini LP") by Julie Brown, released on Rhino Records on 12" vinyl and cassette. The two tracks on side one first appeared on Brown's independently released 1983 single I Like 'Em Big And Stupid; and two of the three tracks on side two were later included on the soundtrack of Earth Girls Are Easy, a film starring Brown and Geena Davis and based on the song of the same name.
- "Will I Make It Through The Eighties?" (Brown, Coffey) Stymie Music 2:20
- "'Cause I'm A Blond" (Brown, Coffey, Dennis Poore) Stymie Music 2:14
- "Earth Girls Are Easy" (Brown, Coffey, McNally, Sterling Smith) Stymie Music/Hedgeapple Music 4:44
In late 2007 Brown purchased the rights to the EP and re-released it on CD format. She included six previously unreleased tracks recorded between 1984 and 1987. The cover art was a slightly altered version of the original.
- Will I Make It Through The Eighties 2:47
- ‘Cause I’m A Blond 2:19
- I Like 'em Big and Stupid 2:44
- The Homecoming Queen's Got a Gun 4:46
- Earth Girls Are Easy 4:52
- Too Much Girl 3:28
- Call Me For A Good Time 3:44
- Back In The Back Seat 3:20
- Surf’s Up, So What 1:46
- Fallin’ (At The Speed Of Love) 3:02
- Kiss & Tell 2:35
- "Valley Girl Is Only One Shade of Julie Brown". The Los Angeles Times. February 8, 1990.
- "Julie Brown's Homecoming Queen's Got a Musical to Premiere October 25 at Cavern Club Theater, Sliverlake". Broadwayworld.com. September 28, 2013.
- "Goddess in Progress". Discogs.
See More Images on Discogs.com