Gold Mountain Manor
|Gold Mountain Manor|
|Classification||Lodging, weddings, bed & breakfasts|
|Address||1117 Anita Avenue|
|Town or city||Big Bear City, California|
|Number of rooms||7|
Gold Mountain Manor is a rustic hotel, bed & breakfast, and wedding venue on the north shore of Big Bear City, California. Built in 1928 by Los Angeles movie investor Alexander Buchanan Barret and his wife, Bessie, Gold Mountain Manor is currently owned and managed by Betsy Weinberger.
A restored log mansion sits on an acre of property near Big Bear Lake. It was built in an Adirondak-style with a wide wooden porch, seven themed guestrooms, and a gourmet eatery, and provides wedding accommodations.
Guestrooms feature private baths and original log beds, and select rooms have stone fireplaces and jacuzzi tubs. Common areas include television entertainment, bed & breakfast services, and afternoon hors d’oeuvres.
- "Gold Mountain Manor". Inns North America. 2017. Retrieved August 2, 2017.
- "Big Bear, often overlooked, has everything the Sierra offers ... but is closer". Union-Tribune. October 15, 2005. Archived from the original on March 6, 2016. Retrieved August 2, 2017.CS1 maint: BOT: original-url status unknown (link)
- Fodor (2012). Fodor's 2010 Southern California. Michael Nalepa, Linda Cabasin, Erica Duecy.
- Fodor (2006). Southern California. Fodor's Travel Publications, Inc. Staff.
- Los Angeles Magazine (42, No. 5 ed.). Emmis Communications. 1997.