|Region||Central Region of Uganda|
|• Mayor||Al-Hajj Hassan (NRM)|
|Elevation||3,900 ft (1,200 m)|
|Population (2014 Census)|
Gombe, Butambala, often referred to simply as Gombe, is a municipality in Butambala District in the Central Region of Uganda. It is the main municipal, administrative, and commercial center of the district and the site of the district headquarters.
Gombe is located approximately 68 kilometres (42 mi), by road, south-west of Kampala, the capital and largest city of Uganda. This is approximately 34 kilometres (21 mi), by road, west of the town of Mpigi, the largest metropolitan area in the sub-region. The coordinates of Gombe, Butambala are 0°10'52.0"N, 32°06'51.0"E (Latitude:0.181111; Longitude:32.114167).
In August 2014, the national population census put Gombe's population at 15,196.
Points of interest
The following additional points of interest lie within or near the town:
- headquarters of Gombe Town Council
- Gombe central market
- Gombe Secondary School
- Gombe General Hospital, a 100-bed public hospital administered by the Uganda Ministry of Health
- Mpigi–Kabulasoke–Maddu–Sembabule Road, passing through the middle of town
- UBOS, . (27 August 2014). "The Population of The Regions of the Republic of Uganda And All Cities And Towns of More Than 15,000 Inhabitants". Citypopulation.de Quoting Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS). Retrieved 21 February 2015.
- Mukiibi, Eriasa S. (25 August 2010). "The Making of A Needy District". The Independent (Uganda). Retrieved 21 February 2015.
- "Road Distance Between Kampala And Gombe, Butambala With Interactive Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 21 February 2015.
- "Map Showing Mpigi & Gombe, Butambala With Route Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 21 February 2015.
- Google (5 July 2015). "Location of Gombe, Butambala at Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 5 July 2015.