From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up gooseberry in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Gooseberry most often refers to a cultivated plant from two species of the genus Ribes:
- Ribes uva-crispa native to Europe, northwestern Africa and southwestern Asia.
- Ribes hirtellum, American gooseberry
- Hybrids between Ribes hirtellum and Ribes uva-crispa, including most of the cultivated gooseberry cultivars
For other plants see List of plants known as gooseberry
- Gooseberry, a structural element of the artificial Mulberry harbours used in World War II
- Sea gooseberry, a common name for some ctenophores (comb jellies), particularly Pleurobrachia
- Gooseberry, an unincorporated community in Oregon
- Gooseberry Beach, a beach in Newport, Rhode Island
- Gooseberry Cove, a settlement near Trinity Bay, Newfoundland & Labrador
- Gooseberry Falls, a state park in Silver Creek Township, Lake County, Minnesota
- Gooseberry Hill, a suburb of Perth, Western Australia
- Gooseberry Island, Newfoundland and Labrador, a former settlement near Bonavista, Newfoundland & Labrador
- Gooseberry Lake, a provincial park in Alberta, Canada
- Gooseberry Point, port/dock near Lummi Island, Washington, United States
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Gooseberry.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.