This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Occupation||Founder - Ping Digital|
Govindraj Ethiraj is a TV & print journalist and founder of Ping Digital Broadcast, an online multi-channel network. He is also the founder of IndiaSpend.com and Factchecker.in, two public-interest journalism websites.
He is the anchor of the weekly show Policy Watch on Rajya Sabha TV. Previously, he was founder editor-in-chief at the television channel Bloomberg UTV. He had earlier worked with CNBC TV18 before moving to Bloomberg UTV. He has also worked with the UIDAI, part of the Planning Commission, Government of India.
Ethiraj worked with Economic Times, Business World and Business India. He also worked as an Editor (New Media) at Business Standard. He worked with CNBC TV18 for five years from near start-up point before moving to set up Bloomberg UTV. At CNBC TV18, he hosted the nightly bulletin as well as the business strategy show, Managing India.
At Bloomberg UTV, Govindraj anchored the primetime news & analysis show - The Final Word - weeknights at 9pm. He also hosted a weekend show - Common Maximum Programme - where he interviewed senior business leaders.
He quit Bloomberg UTV in September 2010 and joined the Unique Identification Authority of India UIDAI for its AADHAAR project. He was invited by Nandan Nilekani to be a part of the project. At the UIDAI, he is tasked with building partnerships, applications and linkages for the UID, particularly for the country's workforce.
He is a Fellow at The Aspen Institute, Colorado.
He received a BMW Foundation Responsible Leaders Award in 2014 for his work with IndiaSpend.
- Dave, Sachin (9 January 2015). "Multi-channel networks get attention from angel investors". Economic Times. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- Choudhary, Vidhi (22 May 2015). "PING Digital eyes strategic tie-up with global media firm". Mint. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- Malhotra, Aditi (29 May 2014). "Unscrambling Data to Keep Politicians Honest". WSJ.com. Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- "Policy Watch". Rajya Sabha TV. 31 July 2015. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- "BMW Foundation Honors International Leaders". BMW Foundation. 16 May 2014. Retrieved 24 August 2015.