|Occupation||Founder - Ping Digital|
He is the co-founder of Ping Digital Broadcast, an online multi-channel network. He also founded BOOM, a general purpose news and fact-checking channel in January 2015. He was founder editor for the television channel, Bloomberg UTV. He stepped down as editor-in-chief to volunteer with UIDAI.
Ethiraj worked as a journalist with the Economic Times and Business Standard before working with CNBC TV18. He later joined Bloomberg UTV as its Editor in Chief. He quit Bloomberg UTV in September 2010 to join the UIDAI's Aadhar project.
In 2011, he co-founded the Spending and Policy Research Foundation. This trust runs IndiaSpend. In 2014, he founded an extension of the website called FactChecker. In the same year, he co-founded two for-profit companies, Ping Digital Broadcast and BOOM.
- Griffin, Peter (29 September 2018). "If you have data, your debate will be far superior: Govindraj Ethiraj". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 1 February 2020.
- Malhotra, Aditi (29 May 2014). "Unscrambling Data to Keep Politicians Honest". WSJ.com. Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- Dave, Sachin (19 January 2015). "Multi-channel networks get attention from angel investors". The Economic Times. Retrieved 1 February 2020.
- Choudhary, Vidhi (22 May 2015). "PING Digital eyes strategic tie-up with global media firm". Mint. Retrieved 24 August 2015.
- "Bloomberg UTV editor-in chief steps down; joins UIDAI project". IndiaInfoLine. 19 July 2010. Retrieved 1 February 2020.
- "User Profile". AGLN - Aspen Global Leadership Network. Retrieved 6 January 2021.
- "BMW Foundation Honors International Leaders". BMW Foundation. 16 May 2014. Retrieved 24 August 2015.