|Born||7 September 1934|
|Thesis||Empirical wisdom in relation to salvation-history in the Psalms (1973)|
|Sub-discipline||Old Testament, biblical theology|
Graeme Goldsworthy (born 7 September 1934) is an Australian evangelical Anglican theologian specialising in the Old Testament and Biblical theology. His most significant work is a trilogy: Gospel and Kingdom, Gospel and Wisdom, and The Gospel in Revelation. Goldsworthy has authored several other books including According to Plan: The Unfolding Revelation of God in the Bible, and Preaching the Whole Bible as Christian Scripture. He holds the M.A. of the University of Cambridge in England, and the Th.M. and Ph.D. of Union Theological Seminary, Richmond, Virginia (now named Union Presbyterian Seminary).
Goldsworthy has been influential across the world, but especially in the Anglican Diocese of Sydney. Michael Jensen notes that, along with that of Donald Robinson and Bill Dumbrell, Goldsworthy's work "has been crucial for shaping how Sydney Anglicans think about and preach from the Bible." Eric Brian Watkins suggests that it has "done much to vitalize interest" in redemptive-historical preaching and hermeneutics.
- Goldsworthy, Graeme (1973). Empirical wisdom in relation to salvation-history in the Psalms (PhD). Union Theological Seminary in Virginia. OCLC 26268547.
- ——— (1991). According to Plan: The Unfolding Revelation of God in the Bible. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press. ISBN 978-0-851-10955-8.
- ——— (1993). The Tree of Life: Reading Proverbs Today. AIO Press. ISBN 978-0-9491-0844-9.
- ——— (1994). Gospel and Kingdom: A Christian Interpretation of the Old Testament. Biblical Classics Library. Paternoster Press. ISBN 978-0-8536-4608-2.
- ——— (1994). Gospel in Revelation: Gospel and Apocalypse. Biblical Classics Library. Paternoster Press. ISBN 978-0-8536-4630-3.
- ——— (1995). Gospel and Wisdom: Israel's Wisdom Literature in the Christian Life. Biblical Classics Library. Paternoster Press. ISBN 978-0-8536-4651-8.
- ——— (2000). Preaching the Whole Bible as Christian Scripture: The Application of Biblical Theology to Expository Preaching. Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press. ISBN 978-0-851-11539-9.
- ——— (2000). The Goldsworthy Trilogy. Paternoster Press. ISBN 978-1842270363. re-publication of Gospel and Kingdom, Gospel and Wisdom and The Gospel in Revelation
- ——— (2002). According to Plan: The Unfolding Revelation of God in the Bible (Revised ed.). Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press. ISBN 978-0-830-82696-4. OCLC 50113415.
- ——— (2003). Prayer and the Knowledge of God: What the Whole Bible Teaches. Downers Grove, IL: IVP Academic. ISBN 978-0-851-11398-2.
- ——— (2010). Gospel-Centered Hermeneutics: Foundations and Principles of Evangelical Biblical Interpretation. Downers Grove, IL: IVP Academic. ISBN 978-0-830-83869-1.
- ——— (2012). Christ-Centered Biblical Theology: Hermeneutical Foundations and Principles. Downers Grove, IL: IVP Academic. ISBN 978-0-830-83969-8.
- ——— (2015). The Son of God and the New Creation. Short Studies in Biblical Theology. Wheaton, IL: Crossway Press. ISBN 978-1-4335-4535-1.
- ——— (Summer 2006). "Biblical Theology and Hermeneutics". Southern Baptist Journal of Theology. 10 (2): 4–21.
- ——— (Winter 2006). "A Biblical-Theological Perspective on Prayer". Southern Baptist Journal of Theology. 10 (4): 14–25.
- ——— (Spring 2008). "The Kingdom of God as Hermeneutic Grid". Southern Baptist Journal of Theology. 12 (1): 4–15.
- "Graeme Goldsworthy: About the Author". InterVarsity Press. Retrieved 20 February 2010.
- "Reviewer's Choice". The Dallas Morning News. Texas, United States. 2 June 2001. p. 6G.
- Watkins, Eric Brian (2017). The Drama of Preaching: Participating with God in the History of Redemption. Wipf and Stock. p. 13. Retrieved 25 September 2017.
- Jensen, Michael P. (2012). Sydney Anglicanism: An Apology. Wipf and Stock. p. 30. Retrieved 25 September 2017.
|This Anglicanism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This biography of an Australian academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Bible-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Christian theologian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|