|Height||261 m (856 ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Dennis Lau & Ng Chun Man Architects & Engineers (HK) Ltd.|
Grand Lisboa (Chinese: 新葡京) is a 47-floor, 261-metre-tall (856 ft) hotel in Sé, Macau. It is owned by Sociedade de Turismo e Diversões de Macau and designed by Hong Kong architects Dennis Lau and Ng Chun Man with the interiors created by Khuan Chew, Design Principal of KCA International. Its casino and restaurants were opened on February 11, 2007, while the hotel was opened in December 2008. The casino offers 800 gaming tables and 1,000 slot machines. The hotel contains 430 hotel rooms and suites. The Grand Lisboa is the tallest building in Macau and the most distinctive part of its skyline.
In 2017 it was reported that the Grand Lisboa suffered a decline in revenue and profits during 2016.
Joël Robuchon joined the group in 2007 as the owner of the hotel restaurant, Robuchon au Dome, which in 2008 was awarded three stars by the Michelin Guide when it was known as "Robuchon a Galera." The restaurant was renamed when it moved locations inside the hotel. The wine list features over 14,600 wines and has won the Wine Spectator “Grand Award”. In January 2013, the Miele Guide named Robuchon Au Dome as the top restaurant in Asia. It is ranked number 6 in the world by Elite Traveler in 2016 and 2017.
Art and attractions
The Star of Stanley Ho is on permanent display at the Casino Grand Lisboa. According to the Gemological Institute of America, the 218.08 carats (43.616 g) diamond is the largest cushion shaped internally flawless D-color diamond in the world.
From Fortaleza do Monte
Paul Tsui picture
The Invasion is a photograph by Paul Tsui, who was nominated for the National Geographic Travel Photographer of the Year award. The picture depicts a sideway view of the Grand Lisboa hotel, through a street with high buildings in Macau. It has been commented that it resembles an alien invasion.
- "Grand Lisboa". Emporis. Archived from the original on June 3, 2013.
- "GGRAsia – SJM Holdings posts 5.6 pct fall in 2016 net profit". www.ggrasia.com. Retrieved 2017-03-07.
- "Robuchon Au Dome in Macau named best restaurant in Miele Guide to Asia". news.com.au. 24 January 2013.
- "ROBUCHON AU DÔME". Elite Traveler. 5 May 2017.
- Episode 8: Macau’s Ace of Diamonds | Destination Macau Archived 2008-07-26 at the Wayback Machine
- "Paul Tsui's photograph 'The Invasion' wows internet". News.com.au. 2018-10-08. Retrieved 2021-05-10.
- "'Alien invasion' image baffles internet". Queensland Times. Retrieved 2021-05-10.
- Official Website - Grand Lisboa
- Hotel Website - Grand Lisboa Hotel
- Emporis.com - Grand Lisboa[dead link]
- Famous Casino - Grand Lisboa
- SkycraperPage.com – Hotel & Casino Grand Lisboa
- Macau casinos and hotels reviews