|This article needs additional or better citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Many of their backpacks are made with a molded, 3-dimensional frameplate. Released in 1996, it is made of composite carbon fiber and plastics and is designed to support the actual ruck of the backpack without other frame stays.
The company released a backpack designed for ultrahiker Justin "Trauma" Lichter, who logged more than 10,000 miles of hiking between November 2005 and 2006. Another group sponsored currently are "Greg and Deia", a pair hiking the Andes Mountain range,
- Backpacker Magazine[dead link]
- 2007 Gear of the Year: Backpacks | Outside Online Archived June 3, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- Outdoor Gear Advice - Backpacks | Outside Online Archived March 5, 2005, at the Wayback Machine.
- Justin Lichter Archived September 26, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- Granite Gear Sponsored Athletes Archived April 6, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
|This United States retail business article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|