Granville Waldegrave, 2nd Baron Radstock
The eldest son of the 1st Baron Radstock, Waldegrave joined the Royal Navy in 1798 and rose through the ranks, becoming a Captain in 1807, Rear Admiral in 1841, Vice Admiral of the White in 1853 and the Red in 1855. From 1831–37, he was a Naval aide-de-camp to King William IV and to Queen Victoria from 1837–1841.
On 7 August 1823, he had married Esther Caroline Paget (1800–1874) and they had three children:
- Granville Augustus William Waldegrave, 3rd Baron Radstock (1833–1913)
- Hon. Catherine Esther (d. 1898), married Sir Thomas Proctor-Beauchamp, 4th Baronet.
- Hon. Elizabeth Cornelia (died unmarried, 1903)
Lord Radstock died in 1857 and was succeeded in his title by his eldest son.
- O'Byrne, William Richard (1849). " Waldegrave, Granville George". A Naval Biographical Dictionary. John Murray. Wikisource.
- Lee, Sidney, ed. (1899). "Waldegrave, George Granville". Dictionary of National Biography. 59. London: Smith, Elder & Co.
|Peerage of Ireland|
|This biography of a baron or baroness in the Peerage of Ireland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|