Greig is a surname and given name. The surname is of Scottish origin and is derived from a shortened form of the personal name Gregory and Greg. As a given name, Greig is of English and Scottish origin. This name is a short form of the names Gregory or Gregor. In some cases it is derived from the surname of the same spelling. A variant form of the given name is Gregg.
- Aleksey Greig, Russian Admiral, son of Samuel Greig
- Andrew Greig, Scottish writer
- Andy Greig, Scottish footballer
- Brian Greig, Australian politician
- Charlotte Greig, Maltese journalist, singer and songwriter
- Doug Greig, Canadian soccer player
- Edvard Grieg, Norwegian composer and pianist, whose family name was of Scottish origin and originally spelled "Greig"
- Flos Greig, the first female barrister and solicitor in Australia
- Gavin Greig, the collector of Scottish folk songs
- Geoffrey Greig, English cricketer
- Geordie Greig (born 1960), English journalist and newspaper editor
- Ian Greig, English cricketer, brother of Tony Greig
- J. G. Greig, English cricketer
- Sir James William Greig (1859–1934), British barrister and Liberal Party politician
- John Greig, Scottish footballer
- Keith Greig, Australian rules footballer
- Mel Greig, Australian radio and television personality
- Samuel Greig, Scottish-born Russian Admiral
- Tamsin Greig, British actress
- Teresa Billington-Greig, the suffragette who created the Women's Freedom League
- Tony Greig (1946–2012), South Africa-born English cricketer and cricket commentator
- W. D. O. Greig, English footballer
- Greig Fraser, Australian cinematographer
- Greig Laidlaw, Scottish Rugby Union international
- Greig Nori, Canadian producer and musician
- Greig Pickhaver, Australian actor and comedian
- Greig Smith, Los Angeles City Council member
- Learn about the family history of your surname, Ancestry.com, retrieved 15 April 2011. This webpage cited: Dictionary of American Family Names, Oxford University Press, ISBN 0-19-508137-4, for the surname "Greig".
- Learn about the family history of your surname, Ancestry.com, retrieved 15 April 2011. This webpage cited: A Dictionary of First Names, Oxford University Press, ISBN 0-19-280050-7, for the given name "Greig".