Greig is a surname and given name. The surname is of Scottish origin and is derived from a shortened form of the personal name Gregory and Greg. As a given name, Greig is of English and Scottish origin. This name is a short form of the names Gregory or Gregor. In some cases it is derived from the surname of the same spelling. A variant form of the given name is Gregg.
- Alexey Greig, Russian Admiral, son of Samuel Greig
- Andrew Greig, Scottish writer
- Andy Greig, Scottish footballer
- Brian Greig, Australian politician
- Charlotte Greig, Maltese journalist, singer and songwriter
- Doug Greig, Canadian soccer player
- Edvard Grieg, Norwegian composer and pianist, whose family name was of Scottish origin and originally spelled "Greig"
- Flos Greig, the first female barrister and solicitor in Australia
- Gavin Greig, the collector of Scottish folk songs
- Geoffrey Greig, English cricketer
- Geordie Greig (born 1960), English journalist and newspaper editor
- Ian Greig, English cricketer, brother of Tony Greig
- J. G. Greig, English cricketer
- Sir James William Greig (1859–1934), British barrister and Liberal Party politician
- John Greig, Scottish footballer
- Keith Greig, Australian rules footballer
- Mel Greig, Australian radio and television personality
- Samuel Greig, Scottish-born Russian Admiral
- Tamsin Greig, British actress
- Teresa Billington-Greig, the suffragette who created the Women's Freedom League
- Tony Greig (1946–2012), South Africa-born English cricketer and cricket commentator
- W. D. O. Greig, English footballer
- Greig Fraser, Australian cinematographer
- Greig Laidlaw, Scottish Rugby Union international
- Greig Nori, Canadian producer and musician
- Greig Pickhaver, Australian actor and comedian
- Greig Smith, Los Angeles City Council member
- Learn about the family history of your surname, Ancestry.com, retrieved 15 April 2011. This webpage cited: Dictionary of American Family Names, Oxford University Press, ISBN 0-19-508137-4, for the surname "Greig".
- Learn about the family history of your surname, Ancestry.com, retrieved 15 April 2011. This webpage cited: A Dictionary of First Names, Oxford University Press, ISBN 0-19-280050-7, for the given name "Greig".
|given name or the same family name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.This page or section lists people that share the same|