Grenada–Trinidad and Tobago relations
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Trinidad and Tobago
Grenada–Trinidad and Tobago relations refers to foreign relations between Grenada and Trinidad and Tobago. The two countries have historical antecedents that pre-date both countries' independence. These nations formally established diplomatic relations on Grenada's national date of independence 4 February 1974.
In 2010, the governments of Grenada, on the one hand, and Trinidad and Tobago entered into discussions which eventually led to the adoption of a maritime boundary between Grenada and Trinidad and Tobago. This boundary was demarcated by The Joint Boundary Commission of Grenada and Trinidad sitting in the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago's capital, Port of Spain.
In 2011, Grenada and Trinidad and Tobago have begun a series of discussions on possible areas of co-operation, and collaboration in the Energy Sector and expressly with respect to Grenada's development of its own offshore oil and gas sector.
In September 2012, the Grenadian Government and also the Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago has signed a cooperation agreement for energy development. This agreement will include the joint exploration and exploitation of hydrocarbons in the maritime areas in Trinidad and Tobago and Grenada and also have technical support and skills in the oil and gas projects and activities. The agreement was signed by the Trinbagonian Minister of Energy and Energy Affairs, Kevin Ramnarine and the Minister of Finance, Planning, Economy, Energy and Co-operatives of Grenada, Nazim Burke.
|Date||Agreement name||Law ref. number||Note|
|21 April 2010||Maritime Boundary Agreement|||
|3 September 2012||Framework Agreement for Cooperation in Energy Sector Development|||
- "SUCCESS IN GRENADA/TRINIDAD MARITIME DISCUSSIONS, 14 March 2010". Spiceislander.com. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- "Grenada and Trinidad and Tobago discuss cooperation in the Energy Sector, 15 September 2011". Government of Grenada. Retrieved 2012-01-15.
- "http://www.news.gov.tt/index.php?news=11700, 14 September 2012". Government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. Retrieved 2012-09-15. External link in
- TREATY BETWEEN THE REPUBLIC OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO AND GRENADA ON THE DELIMITATION OF MARINE AND SUBMARINE AREAS
- TREATY BETWEEN THE REPUBLIC OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO AND GRENADA ON THE Agreement for Cooperation in Energy Sector Development