Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Alma mater||University of Colorado, UCLA|
Guido Ruggiero is a notable microhistorian and professor and chair of the University of Miami History Department. His most notable work is Binding Passions: Tales of Magic, Marriage and Power from the End of the Renaissance.
- Violence in Early Renaissance Venice (1980)
- The Boundaries of Eros: Sex Crime and Sexuality in Renaissance Venice (1985)
- Binding Passions: Tales of Magic, Marriage and Power from the End of the Renaissance (1993)
- Machiavelli in Love: Sex, Self and Society in Renaissance Italy (2007)
- Sex and Gender in Historical Perspectives (1990)
- Microhistory and the Lost Peoples of Europe (1991)
- History from Crime (1993), edited with Edward Muir.
- The Blackwell Companion to the Renaissance (2002), editor
- Five Comedies from the Italian Renaissance (2003), edited and translated with Laura Giannetti
- Studies in the History of Sexuality (1985–2002), editor
- Encyclopedia of European Social History (2002), co-editor
- The Renaissance in Italy: A Social and Cultural History of the Rinascimento (2014)