Kiel at the U.S. Army All-American Bowl, 2012
July 23, 1993 |
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||215 lb (98 kg)|
|High school:||Columbus (IN) East|
|Career highlights and awards|
Gunner Trey Kiel (born July 23, 1993) is an American football quarterback who is currently a free agent. He played college football for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish and later for the Cincinnati Bearcats.
On April 10, 2013, Kiel announced he would transfer to the University of Cincinnati for the 2013 season. Kiel made his college debut on September 12, 2014 against the Toledo Rockets, throwing six touchdown passes, the most by an FBS quarterback in a first game.
Prior to the 2016 season, Cincinnati head coach, Tommy Tuberville, announced that Kiel, now a fifth-year senior, would be the third-string quarterback behind sophomore Hayden Moore (starter) and redshirt freshman Ross Trail (second-string). On October 20, Kiel was named the starter.
Gunner's uncle, Blair Kiel was a quarterback at Notre Dame and played in the National Football League, His brother, Drew Kiel was QB for Illinois State and brother Dusty Kiel, was a QB for Indiana University.
- Kiel wins Indianapolis Star Indiana Mr. Football, nears college choice
- Gunner Kiel enrolls at Notre Dame
- "Kiel leaving Notre Dame". Chicago Tribune. March 7, 2013.
- Bromberg, Nick (September 12, 2014). "Gunner Kiel tosses six TDs in college debut as Cincinnati beats Toledo 58–34". Yahoo! Sports. Retrieved September 13, 2014.
- Tuberville: Kiel No. 3 on UC QB depth chart
- "Kiel's career gets reprieve". The Republic. October 20, 2016. Retrieved October 21, 2016.
- Gunner Kiel gets home schooled