Gustav Adolf Neuber
He studied medicine in several universities, receiving his doctorate in 1875 at the University of Giessen. Later he worked as an assistant to Friedrich von Esmarch (1823-1908) at the University Surgical Clinic in Kiel.
In 1884 he first proposed the use of separate operating rooms for septic and non-septic surgery, emphasizing the need for complete cleanliness in all aspects of surgery. In 1886, he opened his own private hospital on Königsweg in Kiel, where he implemented modern principles of asepsis. Neuber's clinic in Kiel is considered to be the first aseptic hospital in the world.
- Anleitung zur Technik der antiseptischen Wundbehandlung und des Dauerverbandes, 1883 - Instructions on the technique of antiseptic wound treatment.
- Vorschläge zur Beseitigung der Drainage für alle frischen Wunden, 1884 - Treatise on wound drainage.
- Die aseptische Wundbehandlung in meinen chirurgischen Privat-Hospitälern, 1886 - Aseptic wound treatment in my private surgical hospital.
- Wir Kieler (biography)
- NCBI The early history of tubulation in nerve repair. J Hand Surg Eur Vol. 2008 Oct;33(5):581-6. Epub 2008 Aug 11.
-  2010 The Journal of the History of Plastic Surgery and Related Specialties (10 June) Volume 1, Issue 1
- NCBI Autologous fat injection to face and neck: from soft tissue augmentation to regenerative medicine Acta Otorhinolaryngol Ital. 2011 April; 31(2): 59–69
- WorldCat Identities (publications)