Hồ Quang Minh
Hồ Quang Minh (born 1949, Hanoi) is a Vietnamese-born Swiss film director. He left Vietnam to study in Russia in 1962, then worked in France as an assistant on Lê Lâm's Poussière d'empire, before studying in Switzerland and taking Swiss citizenship.
- Phuong tôi (French title Mon Quartier), documentary 28 min, video, (1982)
- Con thú tật nguyền (French and English title Karma), drama 100 min, 35 mm, (1985) - war film
- Trang giấy trắng (French Page Blanche), drama 100 min, 35 mm, (1991)
- Bụi hồng (English, from Sanskrit Gate Gate Paragate), drama 85 min, 35 mm, (1996)
- Thời xa vắng (English A Time Far Past, French Le Temps Révolu) Film music by Đặng Hữu Phúc
- Le Temps Révolu 2004
- New York Magazine - 20 Jul 1987 - Page 65 Vol. 20, No. 28 "... drama of a South Vietnamese soldier and his fiancee, set in Saigon during the late 1960s. A Vietnamese-Swiss co-production shot in Ho Chi Minh City and directed by Hanoi-born filmmaker Ho Quang Minh, who has become a Swiss citizen."
- East-West encounters: Franco-Asian cinema and literature - Page 122 Sylvie Blum-Reid - 2003 "The case of Ho Quang Minh, who directed Karma (1985), is interesting in that respect. He went to Russia and then France in the 1980s, where he was an assistant on Lam Le's Poussiere d'empire. Now living in Switzerland, he has his own ..."
- Phim cũ của đạo diễn Hồ Quang tham dự LHP Phật giáo
- A Time Far Past 2004 "Meticulous and classic film version of the book Thoi xa vang (A Distant Past) by the writer Le Lu. This book, famous in Vietnam, was published in 1986, just when the country was starting to open up to the rest of the world after its post-war isolation. "