From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- The first HMS Calcutta (1795) was a 54-gun fourth rate, originally the East Indiaman Warley and purchased in 1795, captured by the French in 1805 and destroyed by British ships in 1809.
- The second HMS Calcutta (1831) was an 84-gun second rate launched in 1831, converted to a gunnery training ship in 1865 and sold in 1908.
- The third Calcutta was HMS Hercules, renamed Calcutta in 1909.
- The fourth Calcutta was the gunboat HMS Handy, renamed Calcutta in 1916.
- The fifth HMS Calcutta (D82) was a light cruiser launched in 1918 and sunk in action in 1941.
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|