From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nine ships of the Royal Navy have been named HMS Rattlesnake, including:
- HMS Rattlesnake (1777), a 10-gun cutter launched 1777. Lost 1781.
- HMS Rattlesnake (1783), ex-Rattlesnake U.S. privateer, ex-Cormorant of 1781. A 12-gun brig. Sold 1786.
- HMS Rattlesnake (1791), a 16-gun sloop in service from 1791 until sold in 1814.
- HMS Rattlesnake (1814), was a brig of 14 guns that the United States Navy purchased in 1813. The Royal Navy captured her in 1814 and the last extant records report that the Navy had purchased her. Her subsequent fate is currently unknown.
- HMS Rattlesnake (1822), a 28-gun frigate launched in 1822.
- HMS Rattlesnake (1886), a torpedo gunboat in service from 1886 to 1910.
- HMS Rattlesnake (1910), a Beagle-class destroyer launched in 1910 and sold in 1921.
- Colledge, J. J.; Warlow, Ben (2006) . Ships of the Royal Navy: The Complete Record of all Fighting Ships of the Royal Navy (Rev. ed.). London: Chatham Publishing. ISBN 978-1-86176-281-8. OCLC 67375475.
|This article includes a list of ships with the same or similar names. If an internal link for a specific ship led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended ship article, if one exists.|