|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|HOSMAT multispecialty Hospital Pvt. Ltd.|
|Location||Bangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Lists||Hospitals in India|
HOSMAT multispecialty Hospital Pvt. Ltd. , the Hospital for Orthopaedics, Sports Medicine, Arthritis & Trauma, is a 150-bed speciality hospital in central Bangalore, India. It also includes Hosmat Joint Replacement Center and HOSMAT Neurosciences. It is currently undergoing expansion to 500 beds, which would make it the largest speciality hospital of its kind in Asia.
Initially known as the 'accident hospital', later it was in the news as a centre for knee transplantation procedures. Now in its second decade, it was expanded in 2005 after the acquisition of an old ITI corporate office next door. Now it is India's largest orthopedic and neuro center.
Procedures carried out at the hospital include:
- Medical and surgical treatment of arthritis
- Joint replacements of the knee, hip, shoulder and elbow
- Fibre-optic arthroscopy of various joints
- Treatment of fractures, non-union and malunion of fractures, ligament injuries, reconstructive surgeries, specialized Ilizarov surgery (limb lengthening procedure)
- Correction of deformities
- Spinal surgeries (disc problems, spondylitis, pinched nerves, spine fractures, deformities, scholiosis and tumours)
- Paediatric orthopaedics
- Industrial injuries
In addition, the Neurosurgery and Neurology Department provides microsurgery, skull base, spine, trauma work, nerve injuries, surgery for brain and spinal cord tumours, slipped discs, paraplegia, hemiplegia, quadraplegia, migraine, muscular disorder, Parkinson's disease, Alzheimer's dementia, multiple sclerosis, and Guillain–Barré syndrome (GB syndrome).
The hospital's motto is "Medical Excellence with a Humane Touch".
HOSMAT is a super major speciality hospital of 400 beds with 12 operation theatres in Bangalore, India.
|This article about a hospital in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|