HPI Baja 5B/5T
HPI Baja 5B
|Category||1:5 Large Scale Off-Road buggy|
|Constructor||Hobby Products International|
|Length||817 mm (32.2 in)|
|Width||Front: 460 mm (18.1 in)|
Rear 480 mm (18.9 in)
|Height||5.20 in (132.1 mm)|
|Axle track||Front: 395 mm (15.6 in)|
Rear 400 mm (15.7 in)
|Wheelbase||570 mm (22.4 in)|
|Engine||Fuelie 23 cc (1.4 cu in) Rear mid-engine, rear-wheel-drive layout|
|Weight||9.6 kg (21.2 lb)|
|Tyres||HPI Dirt Buster|
The HPI Baja 5B and Baja 5T is a 1:5 scale radio controlled off-road buggy and truck manufactured by Hobby Products International (HPI). The car is sold either in a kit or RTR (Ready to Run), in a 23cc gasoline engine or for a short period, battery powered. Initially introduced with a buggy body style, a short course truck style was later offered to the market and was joined in 2015 by the Baja 5R, an on-road car.
HPI, then known for its 1:10 and 1:8 scale cars, tasked Akira Kogawa, noted for his work of some of Kyosho's 1:10 electric off-road cars from the 1980s such as the Scorpion (1982), Optima (1985) and Ultima (1987), with designing an inexpensive alternative to the European large scale off-road buggy that were only sold in a kit form, emphasizing on build quality and parts availability like its popular 1:10 and 1:8 scale equivalents offered as well as being able to match its handling characteristics and have adjustable parts without affecting its aesthetic value.
World Championships in Athletics
- "HPI RTR Baja 5B FLUX". RC Car Action. Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- "LIVE from the Nürnberg Toy Fair: The Baja 5R On-Road!". Retrieved 22 January 2016.
- "Kyosho Reveals Beetle Re-Release at Tokyo Hobby Show". RC Car Action. Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- "Kyosho 50th Anniversary Leaflet for en :: ActiBook". Saas3.starialab.com. Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- "5 Hit Cars No One Saw Coming". RC Car Action. Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- "Little Dune Buggy". Product Design & Development. Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- "AUTOMODELISME - PetitRC.com -". Petitrc.com. Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- "Photograph" (JPG). Tamiyaclub.com. Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- "HPI Baja 5B Gas Powered Buggy". Rc-trucks.org. Retrieved 30 December 2014.
- N.B the 5B meets BRCA's Large Scale Off-Road dimension regulation http://www.brca-lsor.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/2015-Brca-Large-scale-off-road.pdf
- "RC Cars take Gold at the track and field athletics WC in Moscow!". RC Racing TV. Retrieved 22 January 2016.
|This toy-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|