HP Pavilion dv2z
The HP Pavilion dv2 was a series of notebook computers manufactured by Hewlett-Packard Company.
In January 2009, AMD announced the Yukon mobile platform for ultra-portable notebooks. The announcement was shortly followed by HP introducing the dv2z based on the Yukon platform. The dv2z was an ultra-portable notebook that measured under 1-inch thick and weighed under 3.81 pounds. The traditional internal optical drive (DVD-ROM) was moved to an external USB enclosure to allow for the slimmer design.
The laptop initially came with a AMD Athlon Neo MV-40 processor and used ATI Radeon Xpress X1250 integrated graphics. The ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3410 was an optional discrete GPU. On June 9, 2009, HP incorporated the dual core AMD Athlon/Turion Neo X2 processors.
- Processors AMD Athlon Neo MV-40 1.6 GHz (single core) or AMD Athlon/Turion Neo X2 1.6 GHz (dual core)
- Memory 1x DDR2 SO-DIMM, maximum 4 GB, single-channel, 400 MHz (PC2-6400)
- Chipset AMD RS690M + SB600
- Graphics ATI Radeon Xpress X1250 IGP or discrete ATI Radeon HD 3410 512 MB (DDR2)
- Display 12.1-inch 1280x800 WXGA with glossy finish
- Sound IDT high-definition audio
- Hard Drive SATA-II hard disk with impact sensor
- Network Broadcom BCM4322 802.11a/b/g/n with bluetooth, wired RJ-45 Realtek Fast Ethernet
- Camera 2.1 MP Chicony Electronics
- Battery 4910 mAh 3-cell Lithium Ion
- Optical Drive optional USB-2 External CDRW/Blu-ray
- Mobile broadband optional mobile broadband chipset with Gobi
- Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista or Windows 7 32/64-bit
- Build aluminium-magnesium alloy chassis in either "espresso black" or "moonlight white" finish
- External Ports 1x Fast Ethernet, 1x VGA, 1x microphone jack, 1x headphone jack, 3x USB-2.0 ports, 1x HDMI, 5-in-1 flash reader, 1x power adapter port
- AMD (2009-01-05). "AMD Delivers Groundbreaking Platform for Ultrathin Notebooks". AMD news room press release. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- Felix Lung (2009-01-06). "AMD unveils the Athlon Neo processor for inexpensive ultra-portables". krunker.com article. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- Felix Lung (2009-06-10). "HP introduces new Pavilion dv2z with additional AMD Athlon Neo processor options". krunker.com article. Retrieved 2010-01-04.
- HP (2009-06-25). "HP Offers Customers Free Upgrade to Microsoft Windows 7". HP news press release. Retrieved 2010-01-04.