June 28, 1976
Pinetop, Arizona, U.S.
|Other names||Haddon Givens Kime|
|Occupation||composer, lyricist, writer|
Haddon Kime (born June 28, 1976) is an award-winning American theatre and film composer, lyricist and sound designer. In the early to mid 2000's Kime was a frequent collaborator in the theatre scenes of Boston and New York City  writing music and sound designs for plays and musicals produced by New Repertory Theatre, Boston Playwrights Theatre, Gloucester Stage and Speakeasy Stage among others.
In 2013 he wrote the music and co-wrote the lyrics (with Rick Lombardo and Kirsten Brandt) for the 2014 rock musical adaptation of Hans Christian Andersen's "The Snow Queen." The musical opened to previews at San Jose Repertory Theatre on November 19, 2013  the same day as the Disney film "Frozen (2013 film)" which is based on the same source material. After a successful month long run, the musical earned a slot at the 2014 New York Musical Theatre Festival, where in addition to positive critical reviews, it won the Steele Spring Stage Rights Publishing Award as well as the award for Excellence in Overall Design, which Kime shared with co-sound designer Rick Lombardo, costume designer Frances Nelson McSherry and lighting/projection designer David Lee Cuthbert.
In 2015, Kime led an artistic team in Atlanta in writing an experimental and immersive musical adaptation of The Red Book (Jung) by Carl Jung. The project was awarded a Reiser Artists Lab grant from the Alliance Theatre where a workshop production of the first 45 minutes of the show was produced in 2016.
In 2017, Kime collaborated with playwright and improv comic Travis Sharp and Dad's Garage Theatre Company on a parody musical entitled "Wicket: A Parody Musical," a comic satire of the film Return of the Jedi that, like the Broadway musical Wicked (musical), is a popular story told from the perspective of a different character, in this case the Ewok who is first to meet Princess Leia.
- 2015 Reiser Atlanta Artists Lab (Lead Artist) Recipient 
- 2015 Best Original Music - San Francisco Bay Area Theatre Critics Circle for "Game On" 
- 2014 New York Musical Festival, Excellence in Overall Design (shared award) 
- 2012 Honorable Mention, International Songwriting Competition (Lyrics Only Category) for song "Colorado Creek" 
- 2008 Tanne Foundation Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Arts 
- 2007 Best Sound Design - Independent Reviewers of New England (IRNE Awards) for "A Streetcar Named Desire" at New Repertory Theatre 
- 2004 Best Sound Design - Independent Reviewers of New England (IRNE Awards) for "A Girls War" at New Repertory Theatre and "Haymarket" at Boston Playwright's Theatre
- The New York Times, Charles Isherwood  "Contract Laborers With Chips on Their Shoulders", 14 September 2004
- The Boston Globe, Catherine Foster  "Behind the Scenes He Uses Sound to Dramatic Effect", 10 March 2003
- The San Jose Mercury News, Crystal Chow  "San Jose Rep to premiere musical version of 'The Snow Queen'", 18 November 2013
- The San Jose Mercury News, Karen D'Souza  "Review: ‘Snow Queen’ sparkles at San Jose Rep", 05 December 2013
- Steven McElroy (2014-07-16). "Hounded by Reality, Staging a Fairy Tale 'Snow Queen' Emerges From Defunct San Jose Theater'". New York City: The New York Times.
- The New York Times, Anita Gates  "A Fairy-Tale that Rocks", 20 July 2014
- Playbill, Michael Gioia  "NYMF 2014 Awards for Excellence Announced", 28 July 2014
- Alliance Theatre  "Alliance Announces Projects Chosen for its 2nd Annual Atlanta Artists Lab", 15 May 2015
- Dad's Garage Theatre, Jon Carr  "Wicket: A Parody Musical - Galactic Premiere", 08 September 2015
- Berklee Today  "Alumnotes", 02 September 2014
- The San Francisco Bay Area Theatre Critics Circle  "Excellence in Theatre Awards for 2014", 09 March 2015
- International Songwriting Competition  "Previous Winners"
- Berklee Today, Emily Dufresne  "Alumnotes", 02 September 2008
- Stage Source  "Final Ballot for 2007 IRNE Awards", 14 April 2008