Sahar's father was a preacher in a Baptist church and she grew up in a religious household in Los Angeles. Sahar has five brothers. As a child, Sahar was a dancer for L.A.’s WNBA team, the Sparks. Sahar participated in Los Angeles Ball scene and at 18, she became the youngest member of the ball community by starting her own house, House of Rodale. Later, Sahar moved to the House of Allure. She describes herself as a woman of trans experience.
Sahar landed her first on-screen role in 2011's Leave It on the Floor. She was also cast as minor characters in USA’s Mr. Robot and Amazon’s Transparent. Sahar also starred in the Off-Broadway production of Charm. Sahar portrays Lulu as part of the main cast of Pose, an FX TV series that began in 2018. In 2019 Sahar began playing the recurring character Jazmin on the Freeform TV show Good Trouble.
|2011||Leave It on the Floor||Cashier|
|2017||Mr. Robot||Lady of the Night||2 episodes|
|2019-present||Good Trouble||Jazmin||6 episodes|
- Pham, Jason (2018-06-22). "'Pose' Star Hailie Sahar on Her #MeToo Story and Fighting Trans Stereotypes". StyleCaster. Retrieved 2018-08-03.
- "'Pose' star: Transgender characters need actors who 'understand' the experience". TODAY.com. Retrieved 2018-08-03.
- "Pose Star Hailie Sahar On Being "Daddy Ryan" Murphy's Prodigy". Nylon. June 4, 2018. Retrieved August 3, 2018.
- Garner, Glenn (June 3, 2018). "Hailie Sahar's journey from ballroom baby to Ryan Murphy muse in Pose". Retrieved August 3, 2018.
- Green, Jesse (October 5, 2017). "Review: In Charm, Challenges Emily Post Never Dreamed Of". The New York Times. Retrieved February 19, 2019.
- Fasanella, Allie (June 10, 2018). "Pose Is Making Television History With These 5 Transgender Actors". Teen Vogue. Retrieved February 19, 2019.
- Gilchrist, Tracy E. (January 18, 2019). "Hailie Sahar's Trans Character on Good Trouble Challenges the LGB". The Advocate. Retrieved February 19, 2019.
- Diane from the Moon (2015-09-18), Queen USA 2015 Hailie Sahar, retrieved 2018-08-03
- THE HAILIE SAHAR CHANNEL (2016-12-04), Hailie Sahar Queen USA Commercial, retrieved 2018-08-03