Half Ours is a Thoroughbred race horse. Bred by Brilliant Stables and born Kentucky on March 27, 2003, he was a contender for the Triple Crown in 2006. A striking grey roan like his sire, he is a son of Unbridled's Song out of the winning mare Zing by Storm Cat. Zing is a full sister to stakes winner Yankee Gentleman. Grade 1 winner Key Phrase is the second dam of Half Ours.
After a workout on June 21, 2007 at Belmont Park, Half Ours suffered a fracture to a hind cannon bone and had surgery to insert two screws in the leg. His future is still undecided.
Half Ours now stands at Taylor Made farm as a stallion.
Half Ours, originally owned by Aaron and Marie Jones in partnership with Barry K. Schwartz, was sold in November 2006 for a record 6.1 million dollars at Keeneland November breeding stock sale. In a dissolution of the partnership, Aaron Jones outbid Schwartz for the colt.
Laid off for nineteen months due a fractured ankle incurred in the Three Chimney's Juvenile, Half Ours returned to the races in December 2006.
- 7th, Metropolitan Handicap - G1, May 28, 2007
- 2nd, The Alysheba Stakes - G3, May 4, 2007
- 1st, Richter Scale Breeders' Cup Sprint Championship Handicap - G2, March 3, 2007
- 1st, Optional Claiming, Gulfstream Park, February 4, 2007
- 1st, Optional Claiming, Aqueduct Race Track, December 14, 2006
- 1st, Three Chimneys Juvenile, Churchill Downs, May 7, 2005, by over four lengths.
- 1st, Maiden, Keeneland Race Course, April 17, 2005.