Hamílton Hênio Ferreira Calheiros
|Full name||Hamílton Hênio Ferreira Calheiros|
|Date of birth||26 June 1980|
|Place of birth||Murici, Brazil|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive midfielder, right midfielder|
|2008–2010||Sociedade Boca Júnior||–||(–)|
|2008||→ Naútico (loan)||11||(0)|
|2009||→ Sport Recife (loan)||28||(0)|
|2010||→ Naútico (loan)||8||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 11 March 2013 (UTC).
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 01:41, 23 April 2009 (UTC)
Hamílton has been naturalized Togolese in 2003 across of Antônio Dumas, which this one was Togo's coach. In that time, Hamílton won the Campeonato Sergipano with Sergipe and Dumas has spoken with the president of the Fédération Togolaise de Football (FTF) and the latter agreed.
Hamílton, up to the date, was one time Togo national team's player. It was on October 11, 2003 in a World Cup 2006 Qualifying match against Equatorial Guinea in Malabo. That day Les Eperviers (the nickname of Togo national football team) lost by 1-0. Hamílton could not have played in the second leg because he had left the Togolese passport in the Federation.
In early 2004, when Dumas resigned as head coach, Hamílton, and the others Brazilian-born who made up the Togolese squad, were never called.
Hamílton, finally, was included in the list of players called for a friendly match, against Angola on August 12, 2009. But he could not to come because, days ago, he has had a discipline problem occurred during a match of the Campeonato Brasileiro Série A (Brasileirão) between his club (Sport Recife) against Palmeiras.
Hamílton was going to be present for the 2010 FIFA World Cup qualification against Morocco on September 6, 2009. Nevertheless, he has not been liberated by Sport Recife because the Togolese federation did not send it a corresponding notification.
The Togolese national team returned to call Hamílton for the 2010 FIFA World Cup qualification against Cameroon on October 10, 2009. A few days later, he asked permission to the FTF for not attending to the match, due to bad timing of his club in the Brasileirão (Brazilian championship calendar is not interrupted by the FIFA days) and his intention to help it.
In December 2009, Hamílton was included in the Togolese preliminary list for the 2010 African Cup of Nations but he refused to go, just because he wanted to spend the year-end holidays in the interior of Sergipe. Ultimately, he avoided be part of the Togo national football team attack.
- Campeonato Sergipano: 2003
- Sport Recife
- Campeonato Pernambucano: 2006, 2009
|2009||Sport||Série A||28||0||Copa do Brasil||-||-||Copa Libertadores||4||0||Campeonato Pernambucano||18||0||=||50||0|
|2010||Naútico||Série B||3||0||Copa do Brasil||3||0||Copa Libertadores||-||-||Campeonato Pernambucano||16||1||=||22||1|
- As of 18 February 2009, he's the first footballer of Togolese nationality in play the Copa Libertadores. This day played against Colo-Colo in Santiago de Chile, he received a yellow card and had opportunities of goal, but did not scored. And since 6 May 2009, also is the first footballer of Togolese nationality in receiving the red card in this tournament (against Palmeiras in the Round of 16).
- "Togo terá "brasileiro de aluguel" em sua estréia em Copas" [Togo will have "Brazilian rent" in his Cup debut] (in Portuguese). UOL Esporte. 2006-05-04. Retrieved 2010-05-15.
- "Togo drop Brazilians". BBC SPORT. 2004-01-03. Retrieved 2010-05-15.
- "Togo – Maroc : Hamilton pour remplacer Romao" [Togo - Morocco: Hamilton to replace Romao] (in French). Globalsport-togo.com. 2009-07-09. Retrieved 2010-05-15.
- "Hamilton disponible, Gakpè espéré" [Hamílton available, Gakpé hopes] (in French). Globalsport-togo.com. 2009-07-28. Retrieved 2010-05-15.
- "Togo-Maroc: La liste des Togolais" [Togo-Morocco: The list of Togolese players] (in French). TOGO FOOTBALL NEWS. Retrieved 2010-05-15.
- "Cameroun-Togo: La liste des 23" [Cameroon-Togo: The list of 23] (in French). TOGO FOOTBALL NEWS. Retrieved 2010-05-15.
- "Brasileiro naturalizado togolês se mostra aliviado por escapar de atentado" [Brazilian-born Togolese shown relieved to escape attack] (in Portuguese). Globoesporte.com. 2010-01-10. Retrieved 2010-05-15.
-  (Portuguese)