Hannah Davis (kayaker)
Hannah Davis (born 11 August 1985 in Adelaide, South Australia) is an Australian sprint canoer who has competed since the late 2000s. She won a bronze medal at the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing in the K-4 500 m event. She has been selected to represent Australia at 2012 Summer Olympics in the K-4 500 m event.
Nicknamed Han, Shevs and Davo, Davis was born 11 August 1985 in Adelaide, South Australia. She attended Mercedes College in South Australia before going to University of Adelaide from 2004 to 2009, where she earned a Bachelor of International Studies. In December 2011, she earned at Masters of Arts in International Relations from the University of Adelaide.
As a child, Davis was a competitive swimmer. This required her to wake up at 5 am every morning to train. Other sports she participated in as a youngster included running and netball. She is also surf lifesaver, competing in the sport when not involved with canoeing. Davis weighs 70 kilograms (150 lb) and is 167 centimetres (66 in) tall.
Davis came into the sport through surf lifesaving. She is a member of the Holdfast Bay Canoe Club. She primarily trains in Adelaide, with a secondary training base in the Gold Coast, Queensland. She has a canoe scholarship with the South Australian Sports Institute and the Australian Institute of Sport.
Davis represented Australia at the 2008 Summer Olympics, where she won a bronze medal in the K-4 500 metres event. Her parents watched her win the bronze medal in China. In the Women's Kayak Doubles, 500 metres event, she finished fifth.
Davis finished third in the K2 200m event and 5th in the K4 500m event at the 2011 World Championships in Szeged, Hungary. She finished 7th in the K4 500m event at the 2011 World Cup 3 in Duisburg, Germany. She finished 5th in the K4 500m event at the 2011 World Cup 2 in Racice, Czech Republic. She finished 1st in the K4 500m event at the 2012 National Championships in Penrith, Australia. She finished 1st in the K4 500m event at the 2012 Oceania Championships in Penrith, Australia.
Davis has been selected to represent Australia at 2012 Summer Olympics in the K-4 500 m event. Before the start of the Games, she and her canoe teammates trained in Italy at the AIS European Training Centre located in Varese. Going into the London Games, she is coached by David Foureur who has coached her since 2003 and by Martin Marinov who has coached her since 2007.
- "Hannah Davis". Canoe Australia. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- "Hannah Davis Biography and Olympic Results | Olympics at". Sports-reference.com. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- "London 2012 - Hannah Davis". Australia: Australian Olympic Committee. 2012. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- Griffiths, Emily (2012-07-13). "Mercedes celebrates its Olympians". Eastern Courier Messenger. Retrieved 2012-07-26.
- Williams, Tim. "So proud of Hannah". Guardian Messenger. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- Lefort, Cecile. "Olympics-Brigden-Jones paddles from Manly surf to London waters". Reuters. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- Flood, Naomi. "London Olympics — Naomi Flood: Settling into life at our Italy base". The Manly Daily. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- Flood, Naomi. "London Olympics – Naomi Flood: The big day is racing ever closer". The Manly Daily. Retrieved 2012-07-05.