Hans Uwe Hielscher
Hans Uwe Hielscher (born 1945) is a German organist and composer. He was organist and carilloneur at the Marktkirche in Wiesbaden, Hesse, Germany, from 1979 to 2009, and has played internationally as a concert organist.
Hielscher studied church music at the Hochschule für Musik Detmold (A), and carillon in Utrecht. From 1969 - 1973 he was church musician in Juist and from 1973 - 1979 in Bielefeld. He has been the organist and carilloneur at the Marktkirche in Wiesbaden since 1979. He created a series of weekly free recitals called Orgelmusik zur Marktzeit (organ music at market time) on Saturdays at 11:30 a.m., in which he or sometimes a guest organist perform seasonal music. The 2000th event is on 7 December 2019. He has appeared in a regular concert on New Year's Eve together with his colleague at St. Bonifatius, Gabriel Dessauer until 2010, whereas he played with his successor Thomas Jörg Frank since 2011.
Hielscher is active as a concert organist and has played more than 3000 organ concerts worldwide. He retired from the position at the Marktkirche in 2009 but has kept the tradition of Orgelmusik zur Marktzeit.
- Chevalier de l'Ordre des Arts et des Lettres (1985)
- Alexandre Guilmant: Leben und Werk
- Berühmte Orgeln der USA
- Die Oberlinger-Orgel in der Marktkirche Wiesbaden
- Französische Orgelkunst der Spätromantik
- California wine suite
- Variations sur „Frère Jacques“
- American folksongs
- Baumgart-Pietsch, Anja (30 November 2019). "2000. Orgelmusik zur Marktzeit in Wiesbadener Marktkirche". Wiesbadener Kurier (in German). Retrieved 6 December 2019.