|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012)|
|Member: 14th Lok Sabha|
|Preceded by||Kumudini Patnaik|
|Succeeded by||Nityananda Pradhan|
11 November 1939|
|Died||13 October 2012
New Delhi, India
|Children||1 son and 4 daughters|
|As of 22 September, 2006
Harihar Swain (11 November 1939 – 13 October 2012) was a member of the 14th Lok Sabha of India. He represented the Aska constituency of Odisha on a Biju Janata Dal ticket.  He was expelled from the Biju Janata Dal after voting against the party whip. It was alleged that he had taken a bribe to vote against his own party. He was suffering from multiple ailments and died on 13 October 2012. 
- "ASSEMBLY MEMBER'S INFORMATION SYSTEM". ws.ori.nic.in. Retrieved 14 October 2012.
DATE OF BIRTH: 11/11/1939
- "Former minister Harihar Swain dies". odishatv.in. 2012. Retrieved 14 October 2012.
Swain later joined BJD and was elected to the Lok Sabha from Aska in 2004.
- "BJD expels party lawmaker for voting for government | TwoCircles.net". twocircles.net. 2008. Retrieved 17 May 2012.
Orissa's Biju Janata Dal (BJD) expelled Harihara Swain
- "Harihar Swain sold out Orissa's interests alleges BJD". odishatoday.com. 2008. Retrieved 17 May 2012.
betraying the faith of lakhs of people only for the self-interest and that too taking an bribe to vote in favour of the Congress led UPA Government
- "Former Odisha minister Harihar Swain dies | Business Standard". business-standard.com. 2012. Retrieved 14 October 2012.
Swain, 73, was suffering from multiple ailments for several months.
- "Harihar Swain dead - The Times of India". indiatimes.com. 2012. Retrieved 14 October 2012.
Former minister and Lok Sabha member from Aska constituency Harihar Swain died on Saturday at AIIMS, New Delhi.
|This article about a Biju Janata Dal politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|