Harold Kerzner (born ca 1940) is an American engineer, management consultant, Emeritus Professor of Systems Management at Baldwin Wallace University, and Sr. Executive Director for Project Management at the International Institute for Learning, known for his work in the field of project management, strategic planning and total quality management.
Kersner started as an engineer at the Thiokol Corporation, where he worked in program management and project engineering. Later he started his academic career at the University of Illinois teaching engineering, and afterwards at Utah State University teaching business administration.
In the early 1980s, he became Professor of Systems Management at Baldwin-Wallace College, now Baldwin Wallace University.
In 1998, Kerzner received the Distinguished Service Award for his contributions to project management from the Utah State University, and the University of Illinois granted him the Distinguished Recent Alumni Award. The Project Management Institute, the Northeast Ohio Chapter, annually grants the Kerzner Award for excellent achievements in project management to a company or individual.
Dr.Kerzner is currently the Executive Director for International Institute for Learning (IIL)] With the company, he has authored numerous books about Project Management.
Kerzner published some 140 papers including textbooks on engineering, business and project management topics. A selection:
- 1979. Project management: a systems approach to planning, scheduling, and controlling New York : Van Nostrand Reinhold
- 1980. Project Management for Bankers. Van Nostrand Reinhold
- 1982. Project management for executives. New York : Van Nostrand Reinhold
- 1984. Project Management for the Small and Medium Sized Businesses. With Hans Thamhain. Van Nostrand Reinhold
- 1985, Project Management Policy and Strategy. With David Cleland. Van Nostrand Reinhold Publishers
- 1985. A project management dictionary of terms. With David I. Cleland. New York : Van Nostrand Reinhold
- 1986. Engineering Team Management. With David Cleland. Van Nostrand Reinhold
- 1986. Project Management Operating Guidelines. With Hans Thamhain. Van Nostrand Reinhold
- 1998. In Search of Excellence in Project Management. Van Nostrand Reinhold
- 1999. Project management: strategic design and implementation. With David I. Cleland
- 2002. Strategic planning for project management using a project management maturity model
- 2009. What Functional Managers Need to Know about Project Management. With Frank P. Saladis
- 2009. What Executives Need to Know about Project Management. With Frank P. Saladis
- 2009. Value-Driven Project Management. With Frank P. Saladis
- 2010. Managing Complex Projects.
- 2010. Project Management-Best Practices: Achieving Global Excellence, 2nd Ed.
- 2011. Project Management Metrics, KPIs and Dashboards, 1st Edition; 2nd Ed. 2013
- 2012. Project management case studies
- 2014. Project-Based Problem Solving & Decision Making. With Belack.
- 2014. Project Recovery: Case Studies and Techniques for Overcoming Project Failure
- Articles, a selection
- 1987. "In search of excellence in project management" in: Journal of Systems Management, 1987
- 2003. "Strategic planning for a project office" in: Project Management Journal, 2003
- Alan M. Stretton. "A Short History of Modern Project Management." in: PM World Today, Vol. IX, Issue X. October 2007. p. 9
- Harold Kerzner, Ph.D. at Baldwin Wallace University, 2013. Accessed April 3, 2013
- ^ Jump up to: a b c d Harold Kerzner, Ph.D. at Baldwin Wallace University, 2013. Accessed April 3, 2013
- ^ Association for Systems Management (1984) Journal of systems management. Vol 35, Nr. 1-6 - p. 10: In 1984 Kerzner had already published 50 papers and one textbook on engineering and nine textbooks on project management.
- International Institute for Learning
|Wikiquote has quotations related to: Harold Kerzner|
- Harold Kerzner, Ph.D. at Baldwin Wallace University