|Harrah's Philadelphia Casino & Racetrack|
Front entrance of Harrah's Philadelphia
|Address||777 Harrah's Blvd|
|Opening date||January 22, 2007|
|Total gaming space||100,000 sq ft (9,300 m2)|
|Owner||Chester Downs & Marina, LLC
Division of Caesars Entertainment Corporation
|Previous names||Chester Downs (while in planning)
Harrah's Chester (2007-2012)
The track's first harness racing season opened on September 10, 2006. Wagering is available on live horse races from April 23 to November 23 on Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, and some Fridays; or via simulcast from other racetracks all year round. The .625 miles (1.006 km) racetrack has a limestone-based surface. The midpoint of 1-mile (1.6 km) races comes on a bridge that hangs over the Delaware River and provides a view of freight ships passing by. Because horses can be brought in on the river, Harrah's is a ship-in facility, meaning that no horses are stabled on-track. Its paddock can hold 131 horses on race day.
The casino consists of 2,900 slot machines, 100,000 square feet (9,300 m2) of gaming space, and a 14,000-square-foot (1,300 m2) event center. It began offering live table games on July 18, 2010.
On September 27, 2006, the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board gave Harrah's Chester its slots license. The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board approved Harrah's application for the permanent slot-machine gaming operator license on December 20th, 2006. The racino opened on January 22, 2007, one day earlier than anticipated. Catania Engineering Associates performed the site design for this project.
In May 2012, Harrah's Chester changed its name to Harrah's Philadelphia to appeal to a broader market.
- Philly Tap & Tavern
- Caffé Napoli
- Krispy Kreme
- The Cove Steakhouse and Raw Bar
- Bacon Bits
- Bijoux Terner
- Gift Shop
Meeting Space Rooms
- Bohlin, Liam. "Pa approves conditional slots licenses". Top Casino Games. Liam Bohlin. Retrieved 6 June 2016.
- Bohlin, Liam. "Pa approves permanent gaming operator licenses". Top Casino Games. Liam Bohlin. Retrieved 6 June 2016.
- [dead link]http://www.delcotimes.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=17737692&BRD=1675&PAG=461&dept_id=18171&rfi=6
- Parmley, Suzette (12 May 2012). "New name, broader reach for Harrah’s Chester". Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved 2012-05-12.