Harvard College Opera
Harvard College Opera (HCO), formally the Harvard College Opera Society, is a collegiate opera company composed of undergraduates at Harvard College and based in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Founded in 1992 at Dunster House as the Dunster House Opera Society, the organization aims to expand undergraduate access to opera at Harvard.
Harvard College Opera is governed by a Board of Operators composed of approximately ten students. The Board of Operators selects the operas as well as the music and stage directors of each production. In keeping with the company's mission of providing opportunities to undergraduates, the music and stage directors are always students at Harvard College.
The annual operas produced by HCO involve around 80 undergraduates in the cast, staff, and orchestra. To provide opera performance opportunities to students of a liberal arts institution, the cast is generally entirely composed of Harvard undergraduates, though the company has occasionally featured undergraduates at the Boston Conservatory and recent graduates of Harvard College.
- Die Fledermaus (2018)
- Le Nozze di Figaro (2017)
- The Rake's Progress (2016)
- Hansel and Gretel (2015)
- Così fan tutte (2014)
- Cendrillon (2013)
- The Marriage of Figaro (2012)
- Die Fledermaus (2011)
- Albert Herring (2010)
- The Rake's Progress (2009)
- Cosi fan tutte (2008)
- The Marriage of Figaro (2007)
- Dialogues of the Carmelites (2006)
- Candide (2005)
- Cosi fan tutte (2004)
- La Cenerentola (2003)
- The Marriage of Figaro (2002)
- The Bartered Bride (2001)
- The Magic Flute (2000)
- Candide (1999)
- Don Giovanni (1998)
- The Tales of Hoffman (1997)
- The Marriage of Figaro (1996)
- Gianni Schicchi and La rondine (1995)
- Die Fledermaus (1994)
- Carmen (1993)
- "A night at the opera: HCO presents Mozart's 'Le nozze di Figaro' - The Tufts Daily". The Tufts Daily. 2017-02-06. Retrieved 2017-02-07.
- STAFF, BMINT (2017-01-16). "Saying "I Do" and "Yes We Can" to Le Nozze". The Boston Musical Intelligencer. Retrieved 2017-02-07.
- Thamel, Pete (2007-11-17). "Football Bruiser With Pavarotti Dream". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-02-07.
- Topczewska, Ola (4 February 2014). "“Così fan tutte” Updated and Repackaged at Agassiz". Harvard Crimson
- Desk, BWW News. "Harvard College Opera Celebrates 25 Years of Performance with LE NOZZE DI FIGARO". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved 2017-02-02.
- Desk, BWW News. "Harvard College Opera Presents Stravinsky's THE RAKE'S PROGRESS This Weekend". Retrieved 2017-02-02.
- Valentino, Patrick (2017-02-04). "Timeless Figaro Impresses - The Boston Musical Intelligencer". The Boston Musical Intelligencer. Retrieved 2017-02-07.
- "Musical wunderkind Aucoin is a star in ascendancy - The Boston Globe". BostonGlobe.com. Retrieved 2017-02-07.
- Dunster House Opera Society. Gianni Schicchi and La Rondine 1995
- "Davóne Tines: Wide-Ranging Baritone Set to Make His Mark at S.F. Opera". San Francisco Classical Voice. Retrieved 2018-02-06.
- Dunster House Opera Society. Don Giovanni 1998
- Dunster House Opera Society. The Bartered Bride 2001