Hashimi (Persian: هاشمی; adjective form of Hashim (Arabic: هاشم) and originally designing a member of the Banu Hashim clan) is a Dari and Persian surname.
Notable people with the surname include:
- Jamshid Hashimi (1936–2013), Iranian arms dealer
- Nadia Hashimi (born 1977), Afghan-American pediatric physician, novelist, and politician
- Sayed Abdul Karim Hashimi, Afghan politician
- Sayed Rahmatullah Hashimi (born 1978), Afghan diplomat
- Shamim Hashimi (born 1947), Urdu and Persian poet
- Banu Hashim, clan in the Quraysh tribe
- Hashemites, ruling royal family of Jordan
- Al-Hashimi (surname), Arabic surname
- Hashemi, Persian surname
- Hashim, male Arabic given name
- Hashem, given name and surname
- "Hashimi Surname Distribution". forebears.io. Retrieved 2018-01-15.
Approximately 108,118 people bear this surname. Most prevalent in: Afghanistan; Highest density in: Afghanistan.
- "Statistics and meaning of name Hashimi". namespedia.com. Retrieved 2018-01-15.
Surname Hashimi is used at least 842 times in at least 26 countries.
|This page lists people with the surname Hashimi. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|