|Genres||Death metal, grindcore|
|Years active||2003–2009, 2015–present|
|Associated acts||Pig Destroyer, Triac|
Waldo the Parrot
Hatebeak is a death metal band, formed by Blake Harrison and Mark Sloan, featuring Waldo, a 21-year-old Congo African grey parrot. Hatebeak is the only band to have an avian vocalist. The band never tours as the amplification required could harm the bird. Hatebeak is signed to Reptilian Records. The band split up in 2009, but reunited in 2015, and will release the album Number of the Beak on June 26, 2015, through Reptilian Records.
The band's sound has been described as "a jackhammer being ground in a compactor". Aquarius Records magazine called Hatebeak "furious and blasting death metal". Hatebeak made its second record with Caninus, a band whose lead singers were two dogs. Hatebeak's goal is to "raise the bar for extreme music".
- Blake Harrison (Pig Destroyer) – drums
- Mark Sloan – guitar, bass
- Waldo the Parrot – vocals
- Beak of Putrefaction split with Longmont Potion Castle (2004)
- Bird Seeds of Vengeance split with Caninus (2005)
- The Thing That Should Not Beak split with Birdflesh (2007)
- Number of the Beak (2015)
- "Death metal band with parrot as lead singer -- Hatebeak".
- "Full Metal Parrot". The Daily Beast. 2014-03-13.
- "Parrot-Fronted Death Metal Band HATEBEAK Is Back With 'Number Of The Beak' Album". blabbermouth.net. 18 May 2015. Retrieved 26 May 2015.
- Carla Thornton (2004-10-30). ""Birds of a feather sing death metal together" - San Francisco Chronicle". The San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 2007-04-11.
- "Parrot Chronicles magazine". Archived from the original on 2007-03-17. Retrieved 2007-04-11.
- BLABBERMOUTH.NET - For Those About To Squawk: Metal Bands With Non-Human Singers
- INTERVIEW | Destroying all in their path: Pig Destroyer on their upcoming Aussie tour - FasterLouder.com.au
|This article on a heavy metal musician or group is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|