For other places with the same name, see Havelock
Havelock Town Hall, National Historic Site of Canada
Location within Le Haut-Saint-Laurent RCM.
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Constituted||April 1, 1863|
|Named for||Henry Havelock|
|• Mayor||Denis Henderson|
|• Federal riding||Beauharnois—Salaberry|
|• Prov. riding||Huntingdon|
|• Total||89.40 km2 (34.52 sq mi)|
|• Land||88.92 km2 (34.33 sq mi)|
|• Density||8.5/km2 (22/sq mi)|
|• Pop 2006-2011||0.7%|
|Time zone||EST (UTC−5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC−4)|
|Postal code(s)||J0S 2C0|
|Area code(s)||450 and 579|
|Highways|| Route 202
Havelock is a township in Le Haut-Saint-Laurent Regional County Municipality in southern Quebec, Canada. The population as of the Canada 2011 Census was 756. Neighbouring townships include Franklin to the west, St-Chrysostome to the north and Hemmingford to the east. Havelock's southern boundary is situated along the Canadian border with New York State, United States.
Located within Havelock is Covey Hill, one of the northernmost hills of the Adirondack Mountains and the highest point in Le Haut-Saint-Laurent Regional County Municipality.
The following locations reside within the municipality's boundaries:
- Covey Hill (hamlet located 2 kilometres (1.2 miles) north of the US border on Route 203. ) – a
- Domaine-Enchanté (cottage community just west of Covey Hill situated on the north shore of Lac-Enchanté. ) – a
- Projet-Laplante (hamlet located 5.5 kilometres (3.4 miles) west of Covey Hill. ) – a
- Russeltown Flats (hamlet located in the northern portion. ) – a
- The Fort (hamlet located in the southeast portion on Route 202. ) – a
Lakes & Rivers
The following waterways pass through or are situated within the municipality's boundaries:
- Lac Enchanté ( ) – a lake situated 2 kilometres (1.2 miles) north of the US border.
- Le Gouffre ( ) – a small lake southwest of Lac Enchanté.
- Covey Hill (Le Haut-Saint-Laurent. ) – a mountain situated west of the hamlet of Covey Hill. At 345 metres (1,132 feet), it is the highest point in
|Historical Census Data - Havelock, Quebec|
|Canada Census Mother Tongue - Havelock, Quebec|
French & English
|Year||Responses||Count||Trend||Pop %||Count||Trend||Pop %||Count||Trend||Pop %||Count||Trend||Pop %|
Arts and culture
The town is noted for its annual agricultural fair, Havelock Fair, held every September. It showcases the best the local countryside has to offer. It was founded in 1871 and is one of the oldest fairs in Canada.
- Reference number 28191 of the Commission de toponymie du Québec (French)
- Ministère des Affaires municipales, des Régions et de l'Occupation du territoire: Havelock
- Parliament of Canada Federal Riding History: BEAUHARNOIS--SALABERRY (Quebec)
- 2011 Statistics Canada Census Profile: Havelock, Quebec
- "Covey Hill, Québec". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved 24 September 2012.
- "2006 Community Profiles". Canada 2006 Census. Statistics Canada. March 30, 2011. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- "2001 Community Profiles". Canada 2001 Census. Statistics Canada. February 17, 2012. Retrieved 2014-02-13.
- Statistics Canada: 1996, 2001, 2006, 2011 census
- Havelock Fair Homepage , retrieved 23 September 2012
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Havelock (Québec).|
- Havelock Fair
- Havelock official website
- Chateauguay Valley
- The Russeltown Flatts Church
- Covey Hill
| United States
Mooers, New York