Hawker Siddeley Switchgear
|Industry||Electrical power products manufacturing|
|Genre||Sub-brand of group of companies|
|Subsidiaries||Hawker Siddeley Switchgear Pty Ltd (Brisbane, Australia)|
Hawker Siddeley Switchgear is a British manufacturer of electrical switchgear and overhead line equipment, the company operates a wholly owned subsidiary in Australia.
Based in the United Kingdom and are owned by Melrose plc.
In 1973, Hawker Siddeley group acquired the industrial electrical engineering firm South Wales Switchgear, in 1991 South Wales Switchgear merged with Brush Switchgear to form Hawker Siddeley Switchgear Ltd..
As of 2009 the company incorporates four brands of electrical switchgear manufacturers:
- Hawker Siddeley Switchgear Ltd - formed in 1991 from South Wales Switchgear and Brush Switchgear
- Hawker Siddeley Switchgear Pty Ltd in Australia (HSSA) - (in operation since 1964) - subsidiary of Hawker Siddeley Switchgear.
- Whipp & Bourne - (established in 1903 by Samuel Whipp and Charles Bourne)
The company's products include overhead electrical line and other outdoor switchgear for voltages up to 38kV, indoor switchgear for voltages to 15kV, containerised electrical substations, HV DC switchgear for currents up to 12kA with voltages up to 1.8kV and protection relays, as well as servicing, maintenance and repair services.
- Hawker Siddeley Switchgear - brands hss-ltd.com
- Hawker Siddeley Switchgear - products hss-ltd.com
- Hawker Siddeley Switchgear Ltd celebrates Channel Tunnel Link completion hss-ltd.com
- Hawker Siddeley Switchgear Ltd on track to replace railroad circuit breakers hss-ltd.com
- Hawker Siddeley Switchgear Ltd on track with second phase of prestigious rail project hss-ltd.com
|This article about an Australian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a company of the UK is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|