|Public (LSE: MRO)|
|Christopher Miller, Chairman
Simon Peckham, CEO
|Revenue||£1,377.5 million (2014)|
|£246.0 million (2014)|
|£155.1 million (2014)|
Melrose Industries plc (LSE: MRO) is a leading British-based investment company specialising in the acquisition and performance improvement of underperforming businesses. It is headquartered in London and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index.
The business was established in 2003. It was first listed on the Alternative Investment Market in the same year and moved to the main market in 2005. In 2005 it acquired Dynacast, a manufacturer of diecast parts and components, and McKechnie, an engineering group, and in 2007 it sold McKechnie Aerospace and McKechnie PSM for $855m. In 2008 it acquired FKI plc, another engineering business and, in 2011, Dynacast was sold. McKechnie Plastic Components was sold in June 2012 and Elster, a metering business, was acquired in August 2012.
The Group is organised as follows:
- Elster: a metering business
- "Preliminary Results 2014" (PDF). Melrose Industries. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- Melrose sells McKechnie Aerospace in $856m deal Reuters, 26 March 2007
- FKI agrees to £480 million Melrose offer
- "Melrose sells Dynacast for $590m". Financial Times. Retrieved 30 March 2015.
- "Melrose to Acquire Elster for $2.3 Billion to Add Metering". Bloomberg. 29 June 2012. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- Purchase of FKI melrose plc
|This bank, insurance, or other financial services corporation article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|