Hay Shed Hill Wines
|Hay Shed Hill Wines|
|Location||511 Harmans Mill Road,
Wilyabrup WA 6280, Australia
|Wine region||Margaret River|
|Key people||Michael Kerrigan, winemaker|
|Varietals||Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet franc, Chardonnay, Malbec, Merlot, Petit Verdot, Riesling, Sauvignon blanc, Semillon, Shiraz, Tempranillo|
|Other products||Hay Shed Hill Deli Café|
|Tasting||Open to public|
|Website||Hay Shed Hill|
Hay Shed Hill Wines (often referred to simply as Hay Shed Hill) is an Australian winery at Wilyabrup, in the Margaret River wine region of Western Australia. The winery traces its origins back to 1973, when its vineyard was established on a large dairy farm; its earliest wines were made in a hay shed, on a hill overlooking the pastures.
In 1989, the property, then named Sussex Vale, was bought by Liz and Barry Morrison, who renamed it Hay Shed Hill. The Morrisons rejuvenated the vineyard, and completed a renovation of the cellar door and winery in 1992.
Between 2000 and 2006, Hay Shed Hill had corporate owners, initially Barrington Wine Co, and later Australian Wine Holdings. It was then purchased by a group of friends, including Leith Pavlinovich and winemaker Michael Kerrigan.
The Hay Shed Hill winery also makes the wines marketed under the brand name "Pitchfork", which was introduced in 1997.
- Forrestal 1999, pp. 256–257.
- Zekulich 2000, p. 169.
- Scott & Negus 2011, p. 48.
- Zekulich 2000, p. 170.
- "AUSTRALIA: Australia (sic) Wine Holdings gears up to buy Hay Shed Hill". just-drinks.com website. Aroq Ltd. 7 August 2002. Retrieved 2 March 2014. External link in
- "AWL (sic) finalises $7m Hay Shed Hill winery sale". WA Business News. 8 December 2006. Retrieved 2 March 2014. External link in
- Forrestal 1997, p. 257.
- Forrestal, Peter, ed. (1999). Discover Australia: Wineries. Milsons Point, NSW: Random House Australia. ISBN 0091837898.
- Halliday, James (2008). James Halliday's Wine Atlas of Australia (rev. ed.). Prahran, Vic: Hardie Grant Books. pp. 234–239. ISBN 9781740666855.
- Jordan, Ray (2002). Wine: Western Australia's Best. Osborne Park, WA: The West Australian. pp. 50–99. ISBN 0909699887.
- Scott, Jane; Negus, Patricia (2011). Stories from the Cellar Door: Fifty Margaret River Wineries Tell Their Tales. North Fremantle, WA: Cape to Cape Publishing. pp. 18–19, 106–110. ISBN 9780980333763.
- Zekulich, Michael (2000). Wine Western Australia (all new ed.). Perth: St George Books. pp. 122–235. ISBN 0867780614.
- Hay Shed Hill – official site
|This winery-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Western Australia article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|