This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Hayley McQueen (born 9 December 1979 in Manchester, England) is a British TV sports presenter and reporter and RTS award winning producer. McQueen is also an experienced event host. McQueen is a lead anchor on Sky Sports News & current the presenter of flagship Saturday evening Football First Premier League highlights show Match Choice, she also presents a live 3 o'clock Premier League game which is shown exclusively in Ireland with full build up & post match, as well as Game of the Day for both the UK & Ireland. She is also a regular on Premier League TV & has appeared as a guest host on BBC5Live football phone-in show swell as hosting duties for Radio X show The Kickabout standing in for Johnny Vaughan. She is the former co-presenter of Sky Sports Champions League (BT Sport have the rights from 2015/16 season) as well as other Sky Sports football programming.
Hayley McQueen lived in Scotland and Hong Kong before settling in Hutton Rudby in North Yorkshire in 1994. She has a BA (Hons) degree in PR and Journalism where she specialised in Broadcast Journalism and further studied Media Law.
McQueen began her television career working as a runner and production assistant for Richard and Judy before joining the television channel of Middlesbrough's Boro TV as a reporter and producer. She then joined Middlesbrough FC's "Football in the Community" scheme before being head hunted by Sky Sports News where she became a presenter.
She also presented on Fox Sports. McQueen left Sky Television in December 2006 and took up a position on MUTV, where she was main match day anchor and presented and produced the news, daily talk and match day live build up and phone-in shows as well as conducting regular interviews with players past and present.
McQueen then hosted the Daily World Cup show for Al Jazeera Sports with Scott Minto throughout the 2010 tournament. She returned to Sky Sports in August 2010 as they launched Sky Sports News in HD.
McQueen is actively involved with various Football in the Community projects and is an ambassador for Sport for Freedom, the Football Foundation, SportsAid & various cancer charities. She has hosted events for high-profile worldwide brands including Samsung, Nike, the Premier League, Scania, The LMA, The FA, UEFA, HTC & Hublot to name but a few.
McQueen is also one third of a trio of presenters for award-winning football podcast The Offside Rule.
As a journalist, McQueen was a key contributor to twentyfour7 Football magazine bringing exclusive written feature interviews with the likes of Sir Alex Ferguson, Roberto Martinez, Steven Gerrard, Paul and Tom Ince, amongst others.
- "Hayley Lands Top Sky Role". Middlesbrough FC. 27 July 2010. Archived from the original on 19 August 2010. Retrieved 15 March 2011.
- "Goalden Girls". The Scottish Sun. 23 April 2010. Retrieved 26 March 2011.
- "Hayley McQueen - Life at the "Theatre of Dreams"". The Trades. Burlee LLC. 30 July 2008. Retrieved 15 March 2011.
- Hayley McQueen Sky Sports
- Top 10: Hottest Women On British TV Ask Men UK
- MUTV gets a makeover ManUtd.com, 27 November 2006
- Pick of the Week ManUtd.com, 7 February 2011
- Al Jazeera Sport begins live studio World Cup coverage The Peninsular, 5 June 2010
- Babe Hayley is such a polished performer Mirror Football, 3 July 2010
- Can Sky Sports News keep punching above its weight? The Independent, 5 August 2010