Head On (Bachman–Turner Overdrive album)
|Studio album by Bachman–Turner Overdrive|
|Recorded||1975 RCA Studios, Toronto|
|Bachman–Turner Overdrive chronology|
Head On is the fifth studio album by Canadian rock band Bachman–Turner Overdrive, released in December 1975. On the original vinyl release, the album came with a 24x24 inch poster featuring all the members in the band at that time. It was re-released in 2003 on Repertoire Records in conjunction with Mercury Records. The re-release featured the bonus track "Down to the Line", which was released as a single in 1975 but not included on the vinyl nor the original Mercury CD release of Head On.
The single "Take It Like a Man" reached #33 on the US charts and received significant airplay at that time. It was the last of the band's six U.S Top 40 singles. Pioneering rocker Little Richard played piano on the recording. Near the end of the song, C.F. Turner tells him to "play it Richard", and he does, with heavy expression. Another single from this album, "Lookin' Out for #1", did not crack the U.S. Top 40, but received heavy airplay upon its release on both conventional rock and soft rock FM stations.
This album is currently in print.
- "Find Out About Love" – 4:40 (Randy Bachman)
- "It's Over" – 3:18 (C.F. Turner, Blair Thornton)
- "Average Man" – 4:00 (Randy Bachman, Robbie Bachman)
- "Woncha Take Me for a While" – 5:05 (Turner, Randy Bachman)
- "Wild Spirit" – 2:59 (Turner, Thornton)
- "Take It Like a Man" – 3:40 (Turner, Thornton)
- "Lookin' Out for #1" – 5:20 (Randy Bachman)
- "Away from Home" – 4:30 (Turner)
- "Stay Alive" (Mono) – 4:12 (Randy Bachman)
- "Down to the Line" (*) - 4:01 (Randy Bachman, Kim Fowley, Mark Anthony, Vincent Furnier)
- (*) Available only on the 2003 rerelease on CD and the 2013 Japanese Mini LP Remastered CD (as non-album single of 1975)
- Randy Bachman - vocals, guitar
- C.F. Turner - vocals, bass guitar
- Blair Thornton - guitar
- Robbie Bachman - drums, percussion, backing vocals on "Down to the Line"
- Producer: Randy Bachman
- Engineer: Mark Smith
|1975||"Down to the Line"||Pop Singles||43|
|1976||"Take It Like a Man"||Pop Singles||33|
|1976||"Lookin' Out for #1"||Pop Singles||65|