Headingley Correctional Institution
The Headingley Correctional Institution is a provincial prison, established in 1931 in the rural municipality of Headingley, Manitoba. It has minimum, medium, and maximum security facilities for a rated population of 549 males. 
A serious riot broke out at the institution in 1996. Eight guards and several prisoners were injured, some seriously, as a group of inmates controlled the prison over the course of two days. The prison itself was extensively damaged, and required months of repairs before inmates were returned.
- 6030 Portage Ave.
- Headingley, Manitoba R4H 1E8
Visiting Tel.: 204-831-4610
Fax General: 204-889-3033
- https://www.gov.mb.ca/justice/manitoba_corrections/adult.html#headingley Adult Correctional Facilities, retrieved August 7,2017
- Headingley Correctional Institution (information provided by the Rural Municipality of Headingley, Manitoba)
- Manitoba Justice: Corrections Facilities
- Inside Prisons: Headingley Correctional Centre
|This Manitoba-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|