Headliners is a United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (UK) charity that provides a programme of learning through journalism for young people aged 8–19.
Children's Express was relaunched as Headliners. on 30 January 2007 Children's Express was started in the UK in 1994, based on a similar project in the United States of America.
Headliners currently has projects based in London, Belfast, Foyle (Derry), Newcastle upon Tyne, the South-East of England, West Midlands and Yorkshire. In 2009 a project will start in the North-West.
It is supported by The Guardian. It was awarded a £900,000 Big Lottery Fund grant in December 2006, and a £299,000 V grant in December 2007.
Headliners has had work shown on the BBC, Sky, Channel 4, ITV, as well as featured in The Guardian, The Times, The Independent and The Mirror.
- In the Summer of 2007, Headliners worked with the BBC in Northern Ireland on a range of stories involving young people in the province.
- Headliners worked with Choice FM as part of the Peace on the Streets campaign in London.
- ^ a b Journalism jobs and news from Holdthefrontpage.co.uk
- ^ Journalism jobs and news from Holdthefrontpage.co.uk
- ^ "The Guardian".
- ^ "Big Lottery Fund press release".
- ^ "V press release".
- ^ "Appearance on BBC News 24".
- ^ Weekly columns on "Reach for the Sky".
- ^ "ITV Local".
- ^ "BBC Northern Ireland".
- ^ "Choice FM".
Coordinates: 51°31′28″N 0°4′23″W / 51.52444°N 0.07306°W