Type of site
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California, U.S.|
|Alexa rank||72,408 (February 2016[update])|
HealthSherpa is a California-based technology company focused on connecting individuals with health coverage. The site was initially developed as an alternative to research plans from Healthcare.gov, and now provides individual health, dental and vision benefits to both part-time employees and retirees. As of December 2017, over 1 million people have been enrolled in individual health coverage through HealthSherpa.
Founders and Backers
HealthSherpa was founded by Ning Liang and George Kalogeropoulos, who participated together in the Silicon Valley startup accelerator Y-Combinator. In addition to Y-Combinator, the company is backed by Innovation Endeavors, Kapor Capital, and SGVC
- "HealthSherpa.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2016-02-02.
- "Healthsherpa Helps Thousands Get Insurance Quotes". NPR. Retrieved 18 September 2015.
- "Signing up for Obamacare could someday take as little as 10 minutes". The Washington Post. Retrieved 18 September 2015.
- "S.F. programmers build alternative to HealthCare.gov". CBS. Retrieved 18 September 2015.
- "Trio of young coders build health-care website in days". CNN. Retrieved 18 September 2015.
- "HealthSherpa.com Enrolls One Million in ACA Coverage". Retrieved 2017-12-04.
- "Innovation Endeavors Portfolio". Innovation Endeavors. Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "Kapor Capital Portfolio". Kapor Capital. Retrieved 20 September 2015.
- "SGVC Portfolio". SGVC. Retrieved 20 September 2015.