Healthcare CRM, also known as Healthcare Relationship Management , is a broadly used term for a Customer relationship management system, or CRM, used in healthcare. There are two basic types of healthcare CRMs, one is for a healthcare organization to stay in contact with their patients, the other is for a healthcare organization to stay in contact with referring organizations.
The reason that there are two types of healthcare CRMs is because healthcare organizations generate new patients in two different ways. The first way is from patient choice. Individuals who are sick, hurt, need a dentist, or need a healthcare provider in some way find one that is suitable to their needs themselves. Healthcare organizations want to attract new patients or maintain repeating patients so they use a healthcare CRM to manage the relationships with the public. This might be tasks like sending checkup appointment reminders, or birthday cards.
The second way healthcare organizations generate patients is by referring organizations. If an individual goes to a dentist and that individual needs their wisdom teeth removed, the dentist might refer that patient to an oral surgeon. Many hospitals and other specialty clinics rely heavily on referrals for patients. Hospitals and specialty clinics use a healthcare CRM to maintain relationships with primary care physicians or other referring healthcare organizations.
A healthcare-specific CRM differs from traditional CRM systems mainly in three ways:
- Healthcare CRM systems are built to work within a healthcare organization’s unique structure. For example, a generic CRM system assumes that all people it stores will only be associated with one organization at any given time, yet physicians often work across multiple healthcare institutions. Generic CRM systems require significant customization to meet the needs of healthcare organizations.
- Healthcare CRM systems automatically unify and harmonize data from Laboratory Information Systems (LIS), billing, supply, courier, payer and other sources. Generic CRM systems expect significant manual entry of tasks and opportunities on the part of healthcare workers.
- Healthcare CRM systems are designed to be HIPPA compliant, with secure collaboration to support healthcare requirements.
There are a few companies that offer healthcare CRMs these are the industry leaders for the two types of healthcare CRMs.
|[Individual healthcare CRM]||[Referral healthcare CRM]||[Individual and referral healthcare CRM]|
|Healthgrades, Oracle, VerioMed , Influence Health||Healthgrades, MarketWare systems||Healthgrades, tuOtempO, Evariant, hc1.com Sequence Health|
- Oracle, Products. "Oracle data sheet" (PDF). Oracle. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- MarketWare, Systems. "Healthcare CRM". MarketWare. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- tuOtempO, Solutions. "CRM for healthcare". tuOtempO. Retrieved 1 July 2013.
- VerioMed CRM. "Diagnostics Laboratory Healthcare CRM".
- "The Leading Healthcare CRM Platform | Evariant". www.evariant.com. Retrieved 2016-06-23.
- "Healthcare CRM | Patient Engagement Technology Solutions | Sequence Health".