|Motto: "Our village on the prairie"|
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Elevation||2,766 ft (843 m)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|FIPS code||20-31200 |
|GNIS feature ID||0471471 |
The first post office in Healy was established in 1887.
Healy provides a K-12 education for every child in the community. The Healy Eagles offer basketball, volleyball, track and cross country teams to its students, and collaborate with nearby Dighton, Kansas to provide football.
At the end of the 2013-2014 school year, Healy became the smallest public school in the state of Kansas, with only 74 K-12 students.
Healy is also home to Jr. High and High School quiz bowl teams and a high school forensics team.
The Healy Eagle Channel, channel 16 on S&T Cable, is a student run television channel featuring sports, school plays and music programs and other programs.
- Harold Ensley - American radio and television personality best known for his television program The Sportsman's Friend.
- Geographic Names Information System (GNIS) details for Healy, Kansas; United States Geological Survey (USGS); October 13, 1978.
- Blackmar, Frank Wilson (1912). Kansas: A Cyclopedia of State History, Embracing Events, Institutions, Industries, Counties, Cities, Towns, Prominent Persons, Etc. Standard Publishing Company. p. 838.
- "Kansas Post Offices, 1828-1961 (archived)". Kansas Historical Society. Retrieved 12 June 2014.
- Census Bureau map
- Official Kansas highway map
- Climate Summary for Healy, Kansas
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Healy, Kansas.|
|This article about a location in Lane County, Kansas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|