Heart Like Mine
|"Heart Like Mine"|
|Single by Miranda Lambert|
|from the album Revolution|
|Released||January 10, 2011|
|Miranda Lambert singles chronology|
|"Heart Like Mine" at CMT.com|
"Heart Like Mine" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music artist Miranda Lambert. It was released in January 2011 as the fifth and final single from her third album Revolution. The song was written by Lambert, Ashley Monroe and Travis Howard. Its about a rough and rugged female who ignores her friends and family's criticism because her heart is something that Jesus would understand.
The song garnered positive reviews from critics who praised its catchability and Lambert's lyrics. "Heart Like Mine" gave Lambert her second number one hit on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. It also charted on the Hot 100 at number 44. The song was certified Gold by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA), denoting sales of over half-a-million units in the country. The song also charted in Canada, peaking at number 69 on the Canadian Hot 100.
The accompanying music video for the song, directed by Justin Luffman, is an acoustic performance taken from Lambert's Revolution: Live by Candlelight DVD.
"Heart Like Mine" is an uptempo country in the key of A♭ major song backed primarily by electric guitar, banjo, and steel guitar. The song's female narrator describes being a little rough around the edges ("I ain’t the kind you take home to mama / I ain’t the kind to wear no ring"). However she ignores the criticism of her family and peers, stating that Jesus would understand a "heart like [hers]."
The song received positive reviews from music critics. C.M. Wilcox of The 9513 gave the song a thumbs up, referring to the single as a safe choice for radio, but favorably describing the lyrics as "uniquely Miranda." Kyle Ward of Roughstock gave the song four-and-a-half stars out of five, complimenting its "exceptionally strong melody" that works well with the song's production. He concluded that the song is a "catchy number [...] made for radio."
"Heart Like Mine" debuted at number 58 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart for the week ending January 8, 2011. It also debuted at number 95 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 chart for the week of February 26, 2011, and at number 95 on the Canadian Hot 100 chart for the week of April 2, 2011. The song became Lambert's second Number One hit on the Hot Country Songs chart for the week dated May 28, 2011.
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|US Billboard Hot 100||44|
|Canada (Canadian Hot 100)||69|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||17|
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||500,000^|
*sales figures based on certification alone
"A Little Bit Stronger"
by Sara Evans
|Billboard Hot Country Songs
May 28, 2011
by Brad Paisley featuring Alabama
- "Miranda Lambert – "Heart Like Mine"". The 9513. January 10, 2011. Archived from the original on January 12, 2011. Retrieved January 10, 2011.
- Ward, Kyle (February 10, 2011). "Miranda Lambert - "Heart Like Mine"". Roughstock. Retrieved February 13, 2011.
- "Miranda Lambert : Heart Like Mine". CMT. January 21, 2011. Retrieved January 21, 2011.
- "Chart Highlights for December 27, 2010". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. Retrieved December 27, 2010.
- "Miranda Lambert – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Miranda Lambert. Retrieved January 29, 2011.
- "Miranda Lambert – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Miranda Lambert. Retrieved February 17, 2011.
- "Miranda Lambert – Chart history" Canadian Hot 100 for Miranda Lambert. Retrieved March 24, 2011.
- "Best of 2011: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2011. Retrieved December 10, 2011.
- "American single certifications – Miranda Lambert – Heart Like Mine". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH