27 January 1960|
|Occupation||dancer, singer, television personality|
Heather Parisi (born 27 January 1960) is an American-born Italian television presenter, dancer, singer and actress. She was one of the most popular personalities of Italian television from the late '70s to the '90s.
Life and career
Born in Los Angeles, Parisi worked in the United States for the San Francisco Ballet and the American Ballet Theatre in New York City. During a vacation in Italy, she was noticed by the choreographer Franco Miseria, who made her audition for RAI. In 1979, Parisi debuted on the show Luna Park, hosted by Pippo Baudo.
Her rise as a television star took place in the fall of the same year, with the first edition of the Saturday night show Fantastico, which had very high ratings (an average of 23.6 million viewers). In each episode, Parisi performed a ballet and interpreted the opening song "Disco Bambina." The song became a hit, peaking several weeks at first place on the Italian hit parade.
Parisi was cast in four more editions of Fantastico and in other successful variety shows, and she also had several other musical hits, including the song "Cicale" which ranked first at the hit parade for four weeks between 1981 and 1982. She slowed down her activities in the mid-'90s.
- 1981 - Cicale & Company (CGD, CGD 20276)
- 1983 - Ginnastica fantastica (Polydor, 815 721 1)
- 1983 - Il fantastico mondo di Heather Parisi (reprint of Cicale & Company with three new songs)
- 1991 - HP (Mercury, 846 417-1)
- 1991 - Io, Pinocchio (Mercury, 510 738-2)
- 1979 - Disco bambina/Blackout (CGD, CGD 10200)
- 1981 - Ti rockerò/Lucky girl (CGD, CGD 10302)
- 1981 - Cicale/Mr. pulce (CGD, CGD 10349)
- 1981 - Quando i grilli cantano (CGD, CGD YD 601) promo juke box
- 1983 - Radiostelle/Alle corde (CGD, CGD 10456)
- 1983 - Ceralacca/Raghjayda (Polydor, 815-750-7)
- 1984 - Crilù/No words (Polydor, 881-420-7)
- 1984 - Ciao ciao/Maschio (Polydor, 821697-7)
- 1985 - Crilù in Bangkok/Morning in Tokyo (Polydor, 881 924-1, 12") (as Angel Program)
- 1986 - Teleblù/Videolips (Polydor, 883-952-7)
- 1987 - Dolceamaro/All'ultimo respiro (Polydor, 887-180-7)
- 1987 - Baby come back/I'm hot (White Records, 109 428)
- 1989 - Faccia a faccia/Feelings come and go (Polydor, 871-572-7)
- 1989 - Livido/Livido (Instrumental Version) (Polydor, 873-192-7)
- 1991 - Pinocchio/Se te ne vai (Polydor, 866 194 7)