Heavy Load (film)
|Directed by||Jerry Rothwell|
|Based on||Heavy Load|
|Edited by||Alan Mackay|
|Music by||Max de Wardener|
|Distributed by||Independent Film Channel (USA)|
Met Film Distribution (UK)
Heavy Load is a 2008 British docudrama film directed by Jerry Rothwell.
The documentary tells the story of Heavy Load, a British punk band which includes disabled musicians. The film captures the band over two years, as they record their first album and take their show to bigger venues, and has been described by Mark Kermode as "a really, really fine music documentary".
- Simon Barker, vocals
- Jimmy Nichols, guitar and vocals
- Paul Richards, bass
- Mick Williams, guitar and vocals
- Michael White, drums
- ^ "Heavy Load the Movie". Archived from the original on 2 February 2009.
- ^ Kermode, Mark (9 October 2008). "Review: Heavy Load". BBC. Retrieved 8 January 2021.
- 2008 films
- British documentary films
- British independent films
- Documentary films about punk music and musicians
- Documentary films about people with disability
- 2008 documentary films
- 2000s English-language films
- 2000s British films
- 2008 independent films
- English-language documentary films
- Music documentary film stubs