Hecuba is a band based in Los Angeles, California featuring performance artist, Isabelle Albuquerque and musician/designer Jon Beasley. They have toured with Devendra Banhart, Bat for Lashes and Rainbow Arabia. They have released two albums on Manimal Vinyl since their formation in 2006. Their second release, Paradise, has received favorable reviews from NME, Pitchfork Media, LA Weekly and XLR8R. They performed at the Los Angeles premier of Wild Combination: a film about Arthur Russell (musician) performing their versions of Russell's music. Their third album "Modern" was released in 2012 on the LA-based label Germ.
- Sir 12"/Download (April 2008 Manimal Vinyl)
- Paradise LP/CD/Download (May 2009 Manimal Vinyl)
- "Modern" LP/CD/Download (2012 Germ)
- Suffering April 2009
- The Magic August 2009
- Payne, John (November 12, 2008). "Hecuba: Transferring the visual into the musical", LA Weekly. Retrieved on 2009-09-19.
- Webber, Anna (October 28, 2008). "Hecuba: Jon Beasley and Isabelle Albuquerque are a band – and a brand new genre", Campus Circle. Retrieved on 2009-09-19.
- Tinloy, Marissa (July 30, 2008). "Hecuba: From Aliens to Audio – Sir, the Release of the Duo's New EP", Foam. Retrieved on 2009-09-19.
- Feuer, Daiana (April 22, 2009). "Hecuba: Paradise", L.A. Record. Retrieved on 2009-09-19.
|Wikinews has related news: Bat for Lashes plays the Bowery Ballroom: an Interview with Natasha Khan|
- Hecuba official site
- Official Myspace
- Manimal Vinyl Official Site
- Manimal Vinyl at MySpace
- Bat for Lashes at Discogs
- Sarcastic Laist interview with an intern posing as Paul Beahan
- Reviews of Manimal Festival 2008
- Pitchforkmedia Review of Madonna Tribute
- Pitchfork News Article on Upcoming tribute to The Cure
- Spin Magazine Review of Madonna Tribute Record