|Alma mater||University of Zagreb|
|Awards||David Rall Medal (2018) |
|Institutions||Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center|
Weill Cornell Medical College
Hedvig Hricak was born in 1946, in Zagreb, SR Croatia, SFR Yugoslavia and earned her MD degree from the School of Medicine, University of Zagreb in 1970. She has been Chairman of the Department of Radiology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center since November 1999. She is Professor of Radiology at the Weill Medical College of Cornell University.
Hricak earned her medical degree from the School of Medicine, University of Zagreb in 1970. In 1982 Hricak joined the faculty of University of California, San Francisco (UCSF), where she became Professor of Radiology, Radiation Oncology, Urology and Gynecology. While at UCSF, she earned her Dr. Med. Sc./Ph.D. from the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden. In 1999, she became Chairman of the Department of Radiology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK). Hricak's past roles include:
- "David Rall Medal". National Academy of Medicine. Retrieved 8 November 2018.
- "Hedvig Hricak – world innovator in tumor diagnosis". Nacional. No. 530. January 9, 2006. Archived from the original on 25 July 2012. Retrieved December 31, 2010.
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center - Physician Biography
- Zerhouni, Elias (January 2010). "Hedvig Hricak, MD, PhD, Dr(hc), President, Radiological Society of North America, 2010". Radiology. 254 (1): 10–12. doi:10.1148/radiol.09092542.
- "July 2018 MSK News". Retrieved 10 July 2018.