This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2015)
Heliotrope Books is an independent publisher based in Lower Manhattan. Founded and operated by Naomi Rosenblatt, Heliotrope specializes in cross-genre books with mixed sales categories, memoirs by journalists (including the "memoir-noir", a category coined by Heliotrope), and fiction set in New York City. Heliotrope also publishes a line of children's books under the imprint HelioTot. Notable authors include humorist entrepreneur Richard A. Moran; award-winning professor and bestselling memoirist Susan Shapiro; Catherine Hiller, novelist, filmmaker, and author of the notable marijuana memoir Just Say Yes; novelist, poet, and playwright Sonia Pilcer; author, playwright, and actor Don Cummings, and international foraging expert Leda Meredith.
As a New York City press, Heliotrope works closely with neighborhood bookshops and local entertainment venues including The Strand Bookstore, Book Culture, Dixon Place, The Red Room at KGB Bar, and Theatre 80 St. Marks.
- Foreword Indies Winner / Bronze, Religion, 2018 - To the Moon and Back
- London Book Fair, Honorable Mention, 2018 - To the Moon and Back
- Family Choice Award, 2015 - The Rainbow Remembers The Music
- Guernica Magazine Pick of 2013 - Fame Shark
- Kirch, Claire: "HelioTot: Books to Sing About," Publishers Weekly, September 11, 2014. http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/by-topic/childrens/childrens-industry-news/article/63971-heliotot-books-to-sing-about.html
- Navigating Tweets, Feats, and Deletes: Lessons for the New Workplace Kindle Edition. Amazon.com. 9 June 2014. Retrieved 2015-09-10.
- Herrington, Sarah (July 30, 2015). "Making the Jump from Big House to Small Press: Susan Shapiro on the Satisfactions of Going Indie". Literary Hub. Retrieved 2015-09-10.
- Gonzalez, David. “Smoking Marijuana for 50 Years, and Turning Out Just Fine.” New York Times. April 12, 2015: https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/13/nyregion/after-50-years-of-smoking-marijuana-her-life-turned-out-nicely.html
- Therrien, Jim. "Every suite tells a story in Pilcer's 'The Last Hotel.'" Berkshire Eagle. July 23, 2015. http://www.berkshireeagle.com/berkshirelifestyles/ci_28527884/every-suite-tells-story-pilcers-last-hotel
- Kirkus Reviews, Bent But Not Broken, March 21, 2019. https://www.kirkusreviews.com/book-reviews/don-cummings/bent-but-not-broken/
- Meredith, Leda (July 2008). Botany, Ballet and Dinner from Scratch: A Memoir with Recipes Paperback. ISBN 978-0981619859.
- "The Secrets of Book Publishing with Sue Shapiro". Strand Bookstore official site. Retrieved 2015-09-10.
- "112th: M.J. Moore on Mario Puzo | Book Culture".
- "112th: Lisa Kohn on to the Moon and Back | Book Culture".
- Book Culture Q&A with Author Christie Grotheim, 2019. https://www.bookculture.com/blog/2019/05/09/q-christie-grotheim
- "Be Our Valentine: An evening of bittersweet love songs and readings Hosted by Heliotrope Books". Dixon Place official site. Retrieved 2015-09-10.
- "Deanna Kirk Sings Heliotrope." Post from Heliotrope Books' official Twitter account, May 19, 2015. Retrieved 2015-11-01. https://twitter.com/heliotropebooks/status/600804364454907905
- Foreword Reviews Book Awards listing, To the Moon and Back, 2018 Indies Winner: https://www.forewordreviews.com/awards/books/to-the-moon-and-back/
- Family Choice Awards/Family Magazine, The Rainbow Remembers The Music, 2015. http://www.familychoiceawards.com/family-choice-awards-winners/the-rainbow-remembers-the-music/
- "Editors' Picks: Our Favorite Books from 2013," Guernica: A Magazine of Art and Politics, December 12, 2013. https://www.guernicamag.com/daily/editors-picks-best-of-2013/