A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Residence||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Education||La Martiniere for Boys|
|Alma mater||St. Xavier's College|
|Occupation||Chairman & Managing Director of Srei Infrastructure Finance Limited|
Hemant Kanoria is the Chairman and Managing Director of Kolkata-based company Srei Infrastructure Finance Limited He is also the Chairman of India Power Corporation Ltd.(IPCL) and on the Board of Trustees for Kanoria Foundation, which has assets worth USD 10 billion. Hemant is currently serving as a Board Member of the Indian Institute of Information Technology, Guwahati, the Neotia University and the New Delhi Institute of Management.
Early life and career
Kanoria began his career at the age of 17. His father entrusted him with an independent charge of two family owned flour mills, which were located in Kolkata and Krishnanagar, West Bengal. His task was to restart the former and revive the latter. The family decided to exit out of the flour milling business in 1988. Thereafter, Kanoria and his younger brother, Sunil Kanoria, ventured into the business of infrastructure finance Srei.
Hemant has been involved in driving rural entrepreneurship in India. He created a business model under the brand 'Sahaj' to make services like e-governance, e-commerce and e-learning accessible to people in remote geographies. The initiative has opened up revenue opportunities for over 61,000 village level entrepreneurs who are providing these services through IT-enabled Sahaj service centers across India.
- Publishing, Outlook (2008). Outlook. Outlook Publishing.
- Business World. Ananda Bazar Patrika Limited. 2005.
- "BSE India".
- "MINT Budget Agenda 2011". The Wall Street Journal. 11 February 2011.
- "IDF Guidelines need to be looked at closely: Hemant Kanoria". The Economic Times. 27 June 2011.
- "Hemant Kanoria of SREI speaks on Leadership and Innovation in Infrastructure". ISB CANVAS. August 2012.
- "Directors' Profile".
- Paul, Aniek (17 November 2016). "India Power completes acquisition of Nellore power plant". livemint.
- "The Economic Times". economictimes.indiatimes.com.
- "Kanoria Foundation Trustees". www.kanoriafoundation.co.in.
- Himatsingka, Anuradha (6 June 2017). "Businesses under trust to make Kanoria Group more stable: Hemant Kanoria, Srei Foundation trustee". The Economic Times.
- "The Smart Investor". smartinvestor.business-standard.com.
- "India Summit 2016". The Economist.
- "Board of IIITG". www.iiitg.ac.in.
- "Governing Board". www.tnu.in.
- "Board of Directors and Executive Council". ndimdelhi.
- "How I Made It". The Daily Telegraph. India. 1 February 2005.
- "Lunch with BS: Hemant Kanoria], The 'AD'- venture capitalist". Business Standard. 8 February 2011.
- Dutt, Arijit Barman & Ishita Ayan (8 February 2011). "Lunch with BS: Hemant Kanoria". Business Standard India.
- "Infrastructure: Srei may divest 35% take in Sahaj e-Village; Hemant Kanoria says it's a 'matter of valuation'". The Financial Express. 9 January 2017.
- Raturi, Prerna (29 January 2016). ""Our Journey Has Been Like Blooming of a Flower"". Entrepreneur.
- Kanungo, Soumonty (15 February 2017). "Srei Infrastructure Finance looking to exit non-core business". livemint.com/.
- "Mr.Hemant Kanoria at Sahaj Samvaad". 7 February 2013.
- "CSC Newsletter" (PDF). csc.gov.in.